Wiki Posts
Search

Avis and BA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2018, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott GOLD, Accor Club Gold
Avis and BA

I may be being my usual dumb self, but I am having what feels like an impossible time using the avisba website, but doing so as an Avis Preferred member. I want to have my Wizard number in my booking, as it can save a lot of time at busy airports, but it seems impossible to do that from the special BA portal. Am I missing something?
Old Oct 28, 2018, 8:13 pm

Programs: Ba gold,honours diamond,spg Platinum,Marriott Platium
I am having same problem
Old Oct 28, 2018, 8:27 pm

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
It can be done but it is not actually very intuitive. But I can't remember the exact process. Made 10 bookings this year and managed it 9 out of 10. all were UK bookings. But on several of those bookings I found it cheaper to book on Avis or AvisBa and then with difficulty add my BA Exec Club number.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

I'm trying to book in the US, which may not help. A related question is if one books not on the avisba site - do you still get the second driver for free? That's what I am attempting to make sure I have...
Old Oct 28, 2018, 9:08 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
When booking on BA.com, after agreeing the terms of conditions, on the third screen where you enter your personal details, there is an option to enter your Avis Preferred Number. As long as you are logged into your EC account you will get the second driver for free.

On avisba.com you enter it on the initial quote page.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 12:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
On the new avisba webpage the option to input your name and avis number is no longer there. The old page is still available if you search on google for ‘avisba preferred’ and follow link provided.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 1:33 am

Programs: MUCCI Classe des Flatteurs Preferes, LH SEN, BA silver, IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by DominicB
I'm trying to book in the US, which may not help. A related question is if one books not on the avisba site - do you still get the second driver for free? That's what I am attempting to make sure I have...
I asked this question to Avis UK (email via the website contact page) for a UK airport booking when trying to book via the Avis.co.uk site instead of AvisBA and the reply was that I could add an extra driver for free at the desk when I collect the car. When I did go and collect the car I simply asked if I could add an additional driver for free with BA Executive Club. It was done without even asking to see my card - however I guess at a UK airport they are very familiar with this benefit and my BA number was in the booking anyway.

On previous occasions I have called up the UK Preferred line and made the reservation over the phone and they have added the BA AWD number and confirmed it is with the same terms as booking on the AvisBA website (complicated booking using a free weekend rental voucher plus additional days beyond the voucher validity). For a US booking I would be tempted to call to see if they can help rather than reply on the US rental station to be familiar with this benefit. I have generally found Avis UK to be very helpful over the phone and with email queries.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 1:37 am

I believe it is actually more straightforward in US, since renters partner qualifies as an additional partner for all rentals.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 6:19 am

I had an issue with a BA fly/drive where once I changed my car type the Avis system "lost" my BA booking.
Easily sorted with an email to Avis.
Now both are back together again
Old Oct 29, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: BA; LH; AF
Originally Posted by zanderblue
On the new avisba webpage the option to input your name and avis number is no longer there. The old page is still available if you search on google for ‘avisba preferred’ and follow link provided.
If you pick the car and go through to payment, under the box where you enter your email address is the box for your Avis Customer Number. BA number entered later in the process. I have it on screen now, made a booking about an hour ago.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 10:43 am
Original Poster

So now I'm using the 'old' screen - but if I select an extra driver, it raises the price....
Old Oct 29, 2018, 12:10 pm

I never tick the check box for additional driver. And have had multiple rentals with additional driver included for no extra cost.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.