Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade but no TP given

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2018, 4:48 pm

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
Thanks for reverting. Only the result matters!
Old Nov 17, 2018, 5:59 pm

Programs: BA, Accor, Hilton, ITA
Same happened to me at First Wing when offered an upgrade to MAN. I specifically asked would I earn Tier points as base booking was Avios and was told Yes. But I didn’t. But the only reason I paid for such a short flight was for this. Anyhow initially told on complaining that it wasn’t eligible. Responded would action a Section 75, then told CE tier points would be posted and they did.

Morale of story is airlines aren’t excluded from
giving false information at point of sale. Period.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by gms
I can appreciate that it's a bit of a frustrating situation to find yourself in. However, you seem to acknowledge that you knew that an Avios ticket wasn't eligible for TPs on an upgrade. I feel it is a bit unfair to place the blame on check-in staff when you yourself had "forgotten" about using points to pay for your base ticket. Yes, they could have checked every scenario about your ticket in the same way you could have looked at your booking confirmation and have realised how you originally paid.

Maybe try writing in to plead your case, you might get lucky.
I know this is an old post, but you're missing a key difference between the scenarios. The OP is the passenger, the agents are staff. Customers aren't required to be as knowledgeable as staff are, so their mistake is wholly irrelevant.

If staff promise something, even if you know it's wrong, and you pay for it, you're entitled to receive it. Which is why BA relented and gave the TPs.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 11:30 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR; AB Platinum; Hilton Diamond
I had the same problem once.

I was at the Concorde Room in JFK when I was offered a Cash Upgrade from CW to F at the desk for 800 bucks. I asked the staff whether I will earn the TP for F if I’m going to upgrade and they said yes. My ticket was a redemption in CW and I reminded that there was already something posted on FT that I shouldnt receive any TP from the Ticket. I decided to call the CS and asked them and they made clear that I wouldnt earn any TP from the Upgrade. After this call I went once again back to the desk and said that the CS told me that I wouldnt get any F TPs with the AirportUpgrade on Avios Tickets and mentioned that there is no reason for me making an Upgrade if I dont earn higher TP as I will anyway sleep on this night flight and the seat is nearly the same for sleeping. The CCR desk Team ended up a bit angry since she had to go to the Ticket desk and reinstated my CW Ticket and I apologized many times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.