Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hong Kong Airport

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2018, 8:56 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
I've been to the Qantas lounge, personally didn't think much of the food on offer, the lounge it's quite bright (not enclosed) hard to get some shut eye, the best thing about the lounge has been near the BA gate (16) to go back to LHR.

The CX Bridge IIRC would need another escalator/lift trip down once you are outside it.

The CX Pier is split into 2, on the left it is marble/light decor, coffee machines, international food and 14 shower suites; on the right it is wood/warm decor, bar, storage, noodle bar and tea house.
Grande Annee likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 12:25 pm

Would it make a difference if they were seperate tickets?
I am flying a short haul Cx economy flight connectiing to a long haul BA Club world flight at 01:55am the next morning on separate tickets, will I still be able to use the lounge before the cx flight?
Old Oct 27, 2018, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar Qantas Singapore Airlines
All,

Thank you for your assistance
Old Oct 28, 2018, 12:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Just taking this thread slightly off topic.

does anyone know if the down town check in and bag drop is still available at Kowloon MRT station in Hong Kong?

thanks in advance
Old Oct 28, 2018, 12:42 am

It is indeed
Old Oct 28, 2018, 12:53 am

MRT is in Singapore
Old Oct 28, 2018, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by pduncan001
I am travelling Business Class from LHR to Hong Kong, then onto Manila in Cathay 'Y' Class. Will I be able to access any lounges in Hong Kong while in transit? This is on the same ticket.
Plenty of good advice on lounge access here, but if I may add a few things:

Transit: As you're in transit, you might want to keep an eye out for the 'secondary' transit channels at HKG rather than the main 'E' and 'W' ones. The map below shows their locations (adjacent to arrival gates 29, 42 and 63) and if your flight arrives close to any of those transit channels they will offer a much faster transfer from the arrivals floor to the departures floor instead of following everybody in automatically trudging to the E or W transit areas.

Here's an article I put together from my own experience – https://www.ausbt.com.au/fast-track-your-transit-at-hong-kong-airport – hope it's useful! Note that the secondary transit channels are not always open and also you will need your onwards boarding pass if you can get that issued at BA checkin.

If the inbound BA flight arrives at a gate in the 60s then you can aim to use the transit channel at gate 63, which will bring you up right next to Cathay's The Pier business class lounge (gate 65) which is easily the best 'non-first class' lounge at HKG.

It's then a matter of how long your transit time is, what gate your CX flight departs from, and your desire to go lounge-hopping or just to experience one 'best' lounge.

If the CX flight departs at this same end of the terminal, and you don't have much time in transit, enjoy The Pier!

If the CX flight departs from closer to the 'top' of the terminal, you might choose to leave The Pier earlier just to sample a few other lounges – but I'd suggest the only one really worth checking out would be the Qantas lounge.

Note also that while the shuttle train serve from the 'top' of the terminal (near gates 20-21) will whisk you down to the lower end (gates 35-36), if you are coming back the other way you need to walk it, so allow a good 15 minutes for an unhurried non-stressful stroll.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 2:11 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Another slightly OT addition - Mods please use or move as required.

The new Honk Kong Zhuhai Macau bridge has a CX check in facility at the Hong Kong entry. Check in compliance is 2.5 hours ahead of departure. The only other airline with check in based on a trip through the day after public opening is "Hong Kong Express".

For lounges I would rate The Bridge - business class (as noted above better than T5 GF), and The Pier First.
Tobias-UK and djsflynn like this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by zanderblue
does anyone know if the down town check in and bag drop is still available at Kowloon MRT station in Hong Kong?
Originally Posted by Adamhk74
MRT is in Singapore
For clarity, Hong Kong's system is known as the MTR.

However, the in-town check-ins are located at the Airport Express stations. Although everything is run by the MTR Corporation, there is an element of separation for the Airport Express stations, so remembering that you're heading for the Airport Express rather than the (main) MTR can be useful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.