Wiki Posts
Search

BA Two Week Extension

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2018, 6:31 pm
tor
Original Poster

BA Two Week Extension

I've read around the forum regarding the two week extension BA may apply if one is close to attain a tier or remain in a tier. Most of these threads are quite old.

I was wondering if anybody has had recent experience regarding this?

Any advice, for example, which department is best to ask for when phoning?
Old Oct 22, 2018, 7:07 pm

I upgraded to Silver using the process. Called after the extra points needed had posted (last Tuesday) and got the email confirming my upgrade 5 minutes ago.

Just called the normal number, the was aware of the process without any extra checking.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 12:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by JohnIreland
I upgraded to Silver using the process. Called after the extra points needed had posted (last Tuesday) and got the email confirming my upgrade 5 minutes ago.

Just called the normal number, the was aware of the process without any extra checking.
inteested to hear if they went back to your account and retro deducted the tier points that you accrued in the extension period?
Old Oct 23, 2018, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by zanderblue

inteested to hear if they went back to your account and retro deducted the tier points that you accrued in the extension period?
They should. Whilst mistakes can happen and some people were lucky enough to ‘double benefit’, you certainly shouldn’t count on it and expect that if you want flights to be counted to improve last year status, they will then be lost for this year.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 2:47 am

I did this recently, just called my Bronze Line number after the flight needed had posted to my account, about a week after the year ended, explained what I wanted to do, all very simple and the points were transferred about 2 days later and my Status went to Silver with new card about another week later.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by zanderblue

They didn't remove the extra 10 points (had 595) posted during the 2 weeks.

Does admitting I missed by 5 points get me banned here
T8191 and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 4:50 am
tor
Original Poster

I phoned British Airways today, the first person I spoke to stated it wasn't possible. I persisted and she transferred me to the Avios department.

They were quick to offer the 2 week extension. They stated they had left a remark that this was possible, and further, they then stated I should phone once I have completed the flights and they will sort it out.

Hope this helps people in the future.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 5:55 am

Programs: BA Gold
Anyone know if this applies for Gold to GGL upgrades as well? Might just end up a few points short!
Old Oct 23, 2018, 5:57 am

No it doesn't, as GGL isn't a separate .tier
Old Oct 23, 2018, 6:11 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by windowontheAside
DON'T SAY THAT! Many here believe it is

Old Oct 23, 2018, 7:04 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
In that case I'd better go somewhere !
Old Oct 23, 2018, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by tinkicker
In that case I'd better go somewhere !
HNL perhaps
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:31 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OWS)
A tweak on an old question - does anyone know if BA will allow an extension of a period less than 2 weeks?

Looking ahead, it appears I will hit the relevant threshold with a flight 2 days after my year end date. But I have another set of flights 8 days after my year end that, in the circustmances, I would prefer count towards next year's renewal effort.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
We have been told previously that is is 14 days no more no less and you can’t apply some points to your old year and some to yiur. Ew hear.

you may wish to consider which membership year the TPs would be best applied to and if it would be worth doing a TP run in your current year.

of course some people.wil come and say BA did apply some to their old year and some to their new year but equally some have reported that all flights taken in the 14 days were credited to the old year.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Indeed nothing has changed the policy is two weeks exactly, no more no less, automatically allowable for all tiers (no discretion/risk mean agent will say no etc) and not applicable to specific benefits as opposed to tiers (won’t be allowed to renew ccr or to reach a guf milestone etc).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.