Wiki Posts
Search

BA YYZ-JFK-LHR baggage recheck at JFK?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, Hilton
BA YYZ-JFK-LHR baggage recheck at JFK?

Can I check the forums collective wisdom on this, just to be sure I don't abandon a bag in JFK! I'm used to the concept of rechecking bags at first port in USA.

I've a BA flight YYZ via JFK and LHR to EDI as final destination (yes, silly I know, but for this one I was time rich and needed to keep costs down and this was cheapest at short notice, plus it gave me an excuse to see the new Flounge )

Am I correct in thinking that because I do US customs at Pearson YYZ and clear the border there, that my baggage does get checked through to final destination? And I don't recheck.

(I know I'll have to go T8-T7 at JFK)

Thanks all
​​​​​
Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Yes you are correct.
BertieBadger likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Great, thanks for confirming Airprox
Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:37 am

Airprox beat me to it. You have the airline equivalent of winning the jackpot in Vegas. Your bags should go all the way to EDI. Now what could possibly go wrong......?
BertieBadger likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Also, when you arrive you will exit directly into the gate area therefore if you have enough time you can also use the AA Flagship Lounge in T8 if you wish, before you exit and head over to T7.
BertieBadger likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the tip about the lounges. What could go wrong indeed
Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:42 am

Not mid winter I hope
Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rapidex
Not mid winter I hope
Nope, today

​​​​​​But then this is Canada where it seems a change of 15 degrees day to day isn't unusual, so....
Old Oct 17, 2018, 7:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/ All the AMEX Plat things
Did exactly the same route a couple months ago flying BA ticket. Bags will get checked through! As I had such a long layover I also stopped at the American airlines flagship lounge in T8 before heading to T7. It was well worth the visit but not sure how it compares now to the newly refurbished BA lounge? Took me about 45mins from lounge to lounge via sky train, just make sure you go the right direction!
Old Oct 18, 2018, 1:22 am
Original Poster

Thanks all - as predicted, bag appeared at EDI without any issue. Hat tip to those who mentioned the T8 Flagship (including the helpful GGL on my flight into JFK), it is a pleasant space and the food offerings were ideal for a late lunch. I wouldn't have known that I could use it otherwise.

Skytrain (in the correct direction!) grabbed no problem and minimal queues at T7 where I was able to check out the new lounge. Seat upgraded from WTP to CW while I was in the lounge - sometimes the stars just align in your favour
Tobias-UK and rapidex like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.