Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Can I get the same upgrade offer as my wife (Different tickets/Same itinerary)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can I get the same upgrade offer as my wife (Different tickets/Same itinerary)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
For what it's worth, I do actually have 72,000 Amex points that I could convert to Avios.

Edit- Per MMB, there is no availability for any Avios upgrade.

There are 2 seats available on that on that flight now( 1 person has taken up the offer)?keep checking expertflyer and more may get added.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MARTINSWIN

There are 2 seats available on that on that flight now( 1 person has taken up the offer)?keep checking expertflyer and more may get added.
I have Expert Flyer (paid), but am very new to it (and to all these fine details of fares, etc). Are you able to tell exactly what you are looking at on EF?
Old Oct 15, 2018, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Go to Awards and Upgrades and do a search. You need to specify BA as the airline, and as you're looking to upgrade from WT+ to CW, you need to look for award availability in CW. Remember to specify the number of seats to search for, because the system returns a yes/no answer for award availability on BA, unlike for cash booking classes.
FlyingHighlander likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 2:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Angry

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Go to Awards and Upgrades and do a search. You need to specify BA as the airline, and as you're looking to upgrade from WT+ to CW, you need to look for award availability in CW. Remember to specify the number of seats to search for, because the system returns a yes/no answer for award availability on BA, unlike for cash booking classes.
your flight is now showing 3 seats again...maybe someone was holding a seat and didnt press the trigger? When you search for 3 it says yes but 4 seats computer says no..
FlyingHighlander likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.