Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA not selling LAX-LHR-HKG anymore as one ticket?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2018, 10:50 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat

this past summer I was able to fly LAX-HKG via LHR twice on a single fare in PE ($2200 roundtrips each), but now when I try to price it for next year, I keep getting an error saying the system can’t see such a routing anymore.

It seems like DFW-LHR-HKG still works. How come BA is removing the LAX-HKG via LHR option?
Old Oct 14, 2018, 11:17 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by matrixwalker2012
this past summer I was able to fly LAX-HKG via LHR twice on a single fare in PE ($2200 roundtrips each), but now when I try to price it for next year, I keep getting an error saying the system can’t see such a routing anymore.

It seems like DFW-LHR-HKG still works. How come BA is removing the LAX-HKG via LHR option?
I see a reasonable fare option on ita matrix, but it seems to expire on the 19th of June, though there are other fares. You might need to try the multi-city tool to get it to book on BA.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by matrixwalker2012
Originally Posted by dylanks
I see a reasonable fare option on ita matrix, but it seems to expire on the 19th of June, though there are other fares.
The LAX-HKG through fares are certainly there, so the LAX-LHR-HKG-LHR-LAX option hasn't been removed.

The price varies by season. There's one price for departures from 24 December to 19 June because it's season L. There's a more expensive season K for departures from 20 June to 19 July. There's an even more expensive season H for departures from 20 July to 12 August, and then the price starts coming down again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.