Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ely [appearing on moving map]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2018, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by Greenpen
It is not just in England that seemingly smaller places feature on the moving maps. They crop up for other countries too. I expect there is a whole team of geographers who work on this night and day to lift our morals as we fly here and there.
Morale perhaps?
Old Oct 14, 2018, 1:09 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Please remove it before my wife (Asian) and I next fly to the UK. I have already suffered a journey from Kendal to Aberystwyth due to those infernal maps. Ely really would be a canBRIDGEshire too far.

TBF Aberystwyth was worth the trip - but based on previous Ely visits I would put my foot down.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 3:08 am

I went there a few years ago to do a pink Floyd nerd trip🤓 To see some of the places they sung about and syd Barrett's home etc granchester meadows

lovely place imo
FeedbirdNiner likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 4:44 am

Programs: BA-S UA LH-Sen KLM/AF-Plat.
Flight Radar24 shows most flights from west of here departing obscure places like Birmingham/Manchester fly directly over us in Mildenhall before heading off across Suffolk and Norfolk to the coast so presumably a way marker around here due to the RAF/USAF?
Old Oct 14, 2018, 5:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Honours Silver, Marriott, Hyatt, IHG
Originally Posted by gbs1112
Both AI and TG leave Singapore, a whole country as well as one of SE Asia’s most significant cities off their in-flight mapping and, instead, label the next door town of Johor Bahru. Johor is totally insignificant in comparison.
So does Etihad (who also seem not to recognise Doha)
Old Oct 14, 2018, 6:43 am

Programs: BA Gold
I have noticed this too and always get nostalgic as i attended boarding school in Ely in the late 90's / early 2000's. Ely is a lovely little town well worth visting in the summer.
FeedbirdNiner likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 7:01 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Porky Speedpig
So does Etihad (who also seem not to recognise Doha)
The Doha deletion is a more recent development due to geopolitics.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 1:43 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
At least it's a city! AA likes going with things deep in the ocean

Old Oct 21, 2018, 1:50 pm

Bermuda Rise is important as Bermuda sits on the top of it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.