Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Replacement cabin bag that fits BA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2018, 5:35 pm

Programs: BAEC-GGL, GFL, *A Gold, Hilton Diamond , IHG Diamond/Ambassador
Rimowa salsa air (small iata cabin size for all airlines) and bigger salsa non-air one for ba use.
4 wheels (if they are rimowa quality) are profoundly excellent.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 1:36 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Carryon case

I like the 4 wheel cabin size from Ladies market Hong Kong .Only HK $160
(expandable )
Old Oct 11, 2018, 5:15 am

samsonite dynamo spinner, 2 wheels. Expandable, fits in overhead locker no problem.
got mine at tk maxx for less than £70, if I recall correctly.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 5:41 am

Programs: BAEC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
I've just picked up The Carry-On from Away. Very modern and robust, 4 wheels but Hinomoto-brand so decidedly not piddly. Great price for the feature set which includes a big rechargeable battery for your phone/tablet etc. Used it on a 767 (RIP) to ARN last week and it even fit in the really small middle lockers FWIW.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, IHG Spire Ambassador, Accor Silver, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by aeroricky
I've just picked up The Carry-On from Away. Very modern and robust, 4 wheels but Hinomoto-brand so decidedly not piddly. Great price for the feature set which includes a big rechargeable battery for your phone/tablet etc. Used it on a 767 (RIP) to ARN last week and it even fit in the really small middle lockers FWIW.
Vote 2! I recently purchased the "Bigger" Carry On from Away. Used it so far on both long and short haul (from LCY). No issues at all with it fitting on board, and plenty of room. You can also get $20 off via a referral code. I bought it follow recommendations from some contacts who travel a hell of a lot; they've had no issues with there's, and mine has been fine so far.

Definitely cheaper to buy in the US than here though.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 9:08 am

had this for over a year and still as new. also has ridiculously easy access to laptop etc via the sleeve attached to the front and a built in heavy duty battery charger. clever and well-built/designed https://horizn-studios.co.uk/en/coll...e-multi-shell/
Old Oct 11, 2018, 12:11 pm

If you fly a lot, then I would recommend a Briggs & Riley Baseline. Either the "International " 55cm version or the "Domestic" 56cm version. Both work fine for BA and easyJet. Both would possibly fail for Ryanair but I refuse to fly on that airline...

Briggs & Riley Baseline

They are incredibly tough and well-made, easy to pack thanks to the flat bottom (external handle), have a decent suiter included that even works OK with a tall person's suits (I'm 6'3") and they have an absolutely unconditional lifetime guarantee. They have a neat expansion feature that expands when you pack and then locks down to squash your packing into the correct size. On the negative side, they are heavier than some of those mentioned above. B&R do a 2-wheel version that I chose for the larger packing space and they also have a 4-wheel "spinner" version, which I bought for my wife. In fact, I like them so much that I also now own two of the Baseline suitcases, which are just scaled up versions of the carry-ons.

They are expensive but I upgraded to them from Tumi, which are even more expensive!
Old Oct 11, 2018, 5:12 pm

Also recommend the B&R 4 wheel spinners. They're rock solid and the lifetime guarantee is excellent. Expensive but you're going to have them for a very long time.

I've got the Transcend carry-on which has similar expand and contract features and external handle which makes a lot of difference when trying to pack hand baggage only.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 6:12 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Tortuga Outbreaker - it’s been a game changer for me, worth a look. Free yourself from wheels!
Old Nov 3, 2018, 2:27 pm

Programs: Qatar, Turkish, Aeroflot
Originally Posted by ibmman69
I've sold folks more than one of these:

Tom Bihn Tri-Star

It will fit under the seat on small planes, and your "personal item" can go in the overhead bin.

Tom Bihn should give me an affiliate deal.
This looks absolutely perfect, but I balk at the price of it. Not to mention it's totally unavailable here in Russia.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 2:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Whats your budget?? I use a Globe-Trotter Centenary 20 which is 56cm! Perfect for BA
Old Nov 3, 2018, 3:23 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
I am marvelling at some of the very nice (and expensive) luggage everyone seems to have.
I didn’t get the memo, mine are always bought from my local market. My top price is £30 - my carry on has lasted about 5 years so far - it has also served as checked luggage too.
I don’t travel as regularly as most on this forum and if I did I might invest in something better, but at £6 PA (currently) I’m happy to replace it as and when.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 3:40 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by missdimeaner
I am marvelling at some of the very nice (and expensive) luggage everyone seems to have.
I didn’t get the memo, mine are always bought from my local market. My top price is £30 - my carry on has lasted about 5 years so far - it has also served as checked luggage too.
I don’t travel as regularly as most on this forum and if I did I might invest in something better, but at £6 PA (currently) I’m happy to replace it as and when.
If it makes you feel any better, you're spending about £2 a year more than me.
missdimeaner likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 4:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Originally Posted by memesweeper
If you’d like an alternative U.K. brand, Gate 8 have a range which are superb. They have a suit carrier with detachable laptop/personal item bag which quite unbelievably fits overhead on a Flybe dash eight (laptop bag under seat). Served me well for years. They also have a couple of larger more conventional cabin bags - I have a Cabin mate which I use on BA , and the Crew mate looks excellent. Almost the whole range are two wheelers and have practical extras like a clear toiletries bag that Velcro’s to the top inside of the main bag for easy reach at security. They look smart too.
Another thumbs up for gate 8. Well thought out, well priced and perfect for a 1-3 night trips in my experience. Fits all cabin baggage restrictions I believe.
memesweeper likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 6:00 pm
BP3

Love my Osprey Ozone 46. Holds loads of stuff, robust, lightweight and well designed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.