Wiki Posts
Search

JFK First Lounge: reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2018, 11:27 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by BLazarus22
If this is true does it mean a group of six with 1 emerald and 2 sapphire can access the lounge? We are flying out mid November and only one person would in theory have qualifying F lounge access but if we can all enter that would be great.

Of course if the crowding is really so bad we can also use the Alaska lounge with priority pass - unsure if that would really be better.
You'd probably have a more difficult time getting into the Alaska lounge than BA! They frequently close it off to Priority Pass members citing capacity constraints.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 3:57 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond; AA Ex Plat; AS MVP 75K
Originally Posted by absoluy
You'd probably have a more difficult time getting into the Alaska lounge than BA! They frequently close it off to Priority Pass members citing capacity constraints.
Understood, but does that mean sapphire have access to the first lounge?
Old Oct 27, 2018, 9:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BLazarus22
Understood, but does that mean sapphire have access to the first lounge?
The BA Future Lab newsletter said this on the 9th of October:

For those of you who tend to use the Club lounge, don’t worry, it’s also getting a makeover over the coming months. Please note that these improvements are already underway and as a result, the Club and First lounges are being combined in the short term to ensure enough people can use them while these improvements are made. The team at BA would like to apologise for any inconvenience it causes you in the interim, but you’ll soon be reaping the rewards!
So it sounds like at some point the club and first lounge will be combined and sapphires will have access to the first lounge area. I would imagine the service level will be club across the board (not that there was a big difference between the two to begin with). I haven't seen anything that explains how long this will apply for.
BLazarus22 likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 5:08 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
And the sparkling wine tonight BA First JFK is.....Prosecco.

the good stuff is under the counter. Pommery. Classy. Hidden.

packed. Hot lounge and the new seating already shows scuff marks. But clearly an upgrade

Last edited by boerne; Oct 28, 2018 at 5:14 pm Reason: Add data
Old Oct 29, 2018, 2:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Anyone know what the food options are in the morning (thinking about pre BA178)?
Old Nov 1, 2018, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by absoluy
The BA Future Lab newsletter ...
Isn't the first rule of Fight Club, etc ... ?
Old Nov 2, 2018, 3:48 pm

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Just sitting in the new F lounge, and have to say the interior is pretty nice. But whoever came up with the idea of sharing the lounge with other airlines must have seriously underestimated the number of passengers.

Also some people are very desperate for food. There is a queue of people waiting for the dining room to open...
Old Nov 19, 2018, 5:03 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
So many people here at 6.30am, but the other side is shut, so everyone is in here. The Alaska lounge has plenty of spare seats at least.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 6:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by LCY8737

Also some people are very desperate for food. There is a queue of people waiting for the dining room to open...
Well, they could be wanting the freshest food rather than something that may have been sitting there for a while.
Or just have say a 6:30pm flight?

That said, if the food is free, I'll take advantage of anything on offer rather than paying maybe $10 or so in the food court.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 6:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Diamond, IC Ambassador, Sixt Platinum
Just been there last week - first long-haul eco in a while, so we didn't have the Dining Room as Golds.
As a Gold in World Traveller this lounge is quite disappointing food wise. Just some sandwiches and a soup. I'm not a person who drinks a lot or values expensive drinks, but the Gin choice was decent.
What a different world to the CX First lounge on the outbound with AA. (Or even the T5 First Lounge)
Don't get me started on my fail to book a terribly old 747 flight.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was through it the other day, I was really unimpressed. The Chinese food idea was nice, but if you are going to do three types of Dim Sum, maybe at least one type should not be fried, and perhaps have more than one person serving, or allow people to serve themselves so that you don't get a backlog of 20 people......
Old Dec 19, 2018, 7:31 am

Programs: Marriott/SPG Gold, Krisflyer Gold, HHonors Gold
BA First lounge was packed to the brim yesterday from 3.30pm onwards, hardly a seat available. At that stage it was just the IB and NH flights (with a few early birders on the first BA evening flight). It looks like business class passengers were being redirected from the Galleries lounge? If this is the case, this is not a great interim solution by BA, as the First lounge is way too small seating everyone in business/NH First/OW Emerald.

The situation only improved a little when pre-flight boarding was announced which saw a number of CW passengers go into the dining area.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 11:57 am

I used the new lounge for the first time last week. I found it stuffy, crowded, and very limited in terms of food and drink choices. All in all more like a train station than the haven of tranquility it has been marketed as.
MaxFlyer likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 7:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by prof
I used the new lounge for the first time last week. I found it stuffy, crowded, and very limited in terms of food and drink choices. All in all more like a train station than the haven of tranquility it has been marketed as.
Still relatively stuffy this evening, but not all that crowded. Food choices are definitely worse than before, the quality of the pre flight dining food is really dire.

Grey beans, super over cooked tough beef, a few pastas and some salmon that looked like it came from a tin. I’m surprised at how poor the food is - it wasn’t great before, but it was good enough to make a meal that was at least as good as the other airport restaurants. Now I would just skip it entirely and eat onboard.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:47 pm

Programs: DL-Plat, UA-Plat 2MM, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic 3, AY-Plat, HY-Globalist, MR-LT Plat, HH-Gold
I am traveling in IB biz class later this week - also OWE but booked using IB+ so my AA EXP status will not be reflected on the BP. Are they still combining J/F access so that there is nothing to be gained in trying to get my AA status reflected? I’ll have access to dining anyway, so just checking whether I need to harass IB check-in agents to change my FF# (or show OWE card along with IB BP to the BA lounge staff).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.