Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Promo: Double (base) Avios (max 10 flights), 27Sep-31Dec 18, registration required

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 28, 2018, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Collect double Avios on your next ten flights and holidays before 31 December 2018
Register, book and travel before the New Year and you can collect double Avios on all British Airways flights and holidays. This means that for every £1 you spend on a holiday, you will get 2 Avios as well as the double Avios you will collect on your flights. This offer also includes all domestic flights in the UK and within southern Africa. As well as British Airways flights operated by our partners, American Airlines, Iberia and Finnair when travelling between Europe and North America.

What do I need to do?
Register today and ensure that your Executive Club number is included in your next ten eligible bookings. All travel must be completed by 31 December 2018 to collect double Avios. Your double Avios award will be calculated on your base Avios, your cabin and tier bonus will apply as normal.
This offer applies to new bookings made after registration only.
Register, book and fly by 31 December 2018.

Details, registration link and full T&Cs here :

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/executive-club/offers/bonus-avios
Print Wikipost

BA Promo: Double (base) Avios (max 10 flights), 27Sep-31Dec 18, registration required

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
My double avois from my recent flight (unfortunately the only one I have planned during the period and was booked 2 days before the flight and in the promo window) haven't posted, only the standard expected avois. It was only LHR-NCL in CE, so not many avoid, but also not a small amount, and the double would have been very welcome. Any ideas about who to contact if these don't show any time soon?
Old Nov 12, 2018, 7:17 am

Forgive the likely dumb question - but I've had a search and haven't found a definitive answer.

What exactly is the base avios amount for a flight and how do you check it? I understand that this doesn't apply to the cabin or status bonus too - does that mean a simple economy fare gets the same bonus from this deal as someone on a fully priced First ticket?
Old Nov 12, 2018, 7:33 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Winchy78
Forgive the likely dumb question - but I've had a search and haven't found a definitive answer.

What exactly is the base avios amount for a flight and how do you check it? I understand that this doesn't apply to the cabin or status bonus too - does that mean a simple economy fare gets the same bonus from this deal as someone on a fully priced First ticket?
Calculator here

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...-avios/flights
Old Nov 12, 2018, 7:34 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Go to the TP calculator, set Blue mode, and it is the amount corresponding to your fare class [edit from wrong statement previously!]

Last edited by bisonrav; Nov 12, 2018 at 11:54 am
Old Nov 12, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Interestingly flew LAS-DFW-LHR BA flight numbers both flights AA. Got the double miles for DFW-LHR only.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by Winchy78

Just in relation to the above. I flew LHR-PVG last week and got avios awarded as follows:
  • Base avios - 1430 (based on G fare code)
  • Tier bonus - 5720 (based on gold)
  • Promo avios - 1430 (so based on the reduced avios for the G fare code, not full Y avios. These posted 1 day later)
Old Nov 12, 2018, 10:47 am

Flew LGW-ACE return, did AUP on outbound leg, no bonus Avios posted, no problems with inbound.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Pingu
Just in relation to the above. I flew LHR-PVG last week and got avios awarded as follows:
  • Promo avios - 1430 (so based on the reduced avios for the G fare code, not full Y avios. These posted 1 day later)
This makes a lot of sense - this is how I thought the double base avios was calculated when I was originally working through the Beirut fare, but someone suggested otherwise. I did also google this at the time and thought that had confirmed what I'd been told. Will remove my note above.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by bisonrav
There's a more or less free Saturday day trip from LGW to Malaga using this promotion for GCHs. December 15th, return price is £55.56. Standard GCH avios for this is 2630, double base avios gives a further 1052x2 so valuing an avios at 1p per, you are looking at a net price of £8.22. If you book with an Amex BA black or similar, you'll take a further £1.65 off at the same valuation. Obviously non GCH will see a lower return on the standard avios, but it's still a decent price with the additional £20 or so off with the promo.

There is a Christmas market in Malaga, and the weather is usually pretty good. So a mini FT Christmas drinks/tapas do there anyone? I'm guessing availability will be restricted on this fare, so if interested, worth putting it on hold or 24 hour cool off now and working on the details later.

Unfortunately I couldn't find this one on a double the difference price match, though I did look quite hard.
Sadly it doesn’t seem to work like this, as Gold to MAD avios earns including tier bonus in Y was 985. bonus avious 197 .. now has left me with xxx14 Avios and the OCD in me doesn’t like this !
Old Nov 12, 2018, 1:05 pm

The calc was definitely screwed up by mistaking what the bonus avios was. I will go back and correct the calculation! Still a good deal, just not a stellar one. For reference, it'll net out at around £25 I think to Malaga as a GCH.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: LX-SEN, KL-Gold, BA-Gold, LA-Comodoro
Originally Posted by Pingu
But I am right that the Bonus Avios can not "exceed" 100%?

So if you book your trip above in First (A) you would receive 14'298 Avios as a Blue member. According to T&C, the bonus avios should still be 5719 (Y). Or am I wrong and they will really double the 14'298?
Old Nov 25, 2018, 2:53 pm

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
I'd assumed that the bonus would just be on 'base' avios.

Having said that, I booked a flight to Beirut under the '5,000 Avios = £100 off' offer and I'm convinced that I only saw this deal afterwards and registered immediately. Today, I got the Avios/TPs for the first leg of the trip - and I've got the Avios bonus as well!

Thanks BA IT
Old Nov 25, 2018, 3:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Swissairasia
But I am right that the Bonus Avios can not "exceed" 100%?

So if you book your trip above in First (A) you would receive 14'298 Avios as a Blue member. According to T&C, the bonus avios should still be 5719 (Y). Or am I wrong and they will really double the 14'298?
Flew JNB-LHR in First (A), and this is what I received (as Gold):
Base Avios: 5640
Tier Bonus: 5640
Cabin Bonus: 8460

Double Avios Promo: 5640
Old Nov 27, 2018, 1:08 pm

Programs: JAL Diamond, BAEC Gold, AS 75K, VS Gold, AC 50K, WoH Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by aceman
Interestingly flew LAS-DFW-LHR BA flight numbers both flights AA. Got the double miles for DFW-LHR only.
I'm p sure this promo only applies for flights between Europe and NA, which the LAS-DFW seg does not qualify even though it's BA coded.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: JAL Diamond, BAEC Gold, AS 75K, VS Gold, AC 50K, WoH Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
I have a travel agent booking (BA ticket number) on BA coded LAX-LHR segment. Does this qualify for the double avios promotion?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.