Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA launch LCY-MUC from Feb 2019

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2018, 5:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 *Gold
So I like the theory of an airport that I only need to get to 30 minutes before my flight so don’t need a lounge.

Unfortunately the reality for LCY is that unless you are starting your journey pretty close to the airport, you are likely to arrive there quite a bit before that unless you like taking risks.

I live on the northern line in N3, zone 4, so not a million miles from LCY but it’s around an hour by tube or taxi if there aren’t any delays. But delays can be significant by either method and that means I need to allow at least 90 minutes for the journey and even that can be a nervy journey so if I have the time I’ll leave earlier than that. That means I’m usually there an hour before the flight and sometimes more.

So the ability to grab a bite to eat and a drink in a 30 minute lounge visit would be highly appreciated. When I’m flying from Heathrow I leave plenty of time to get there as I know if I’m early I’m going to comfortable and can get some work done while having some bubbles. For LCY I do leave it as late as I can but that makes for a nervy journey and often a 30 minute or more wait on uncomfortable seats without bubbles.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 3:10 am

Anyone know if/when this route is coming back?
Old Feb 16, 2022, 3:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by MillionMileMarker
Anyone know if/when this route is coming back?
It appears that nothing is loaded in the system for this year and given how light some of the MUC-LHR loads have been in the past few months, sadly I don't see it happening anytime soon. As a MUC-LON weekly user, that LCY flight was a god send.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by hartwith
It appears that nothing is loaded in the system for this year and given how light some of the MUC-LHR loads have been in the past few months, sadly I don't see it happening anytime soon. As a MUC-LON weekly user, that LCY flight was a god send.
Thanks for the reply. Shame that it won't be active this year Although I'm more of a recreational user between the two cities, LCY was so much more convenient
Old Feb 16, 2022, 10:39 am

Programs: BA Gold
Just back from a LHR-MUC one night business trip. Flew Lufthansa for the first time in 20+ years which as a BA gold card holder hurts me alot. Terrible schedule at the moment offered by BA from LHR on this route never mind a LCY option
mustafina and Kranebitten like this.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 5:31 pm

Programs: M&M FTL, BAEC Silver
This route still hasn't come back unfortunately, even though loads seemed to be quite good in 2019. Would love some insight (read: rampant speculation) on why this could be...
Old Mar 23, 2023, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by bavarian1992
This route still hasn't come back unfortunately, even though loads seemed to be quite good in 2019. Would love some insight (read: rampant speculation) on why this could be...
Because loads are irrelevant to an airline, what they care about is revenue (and yield). So I would confidently speculate that CityFlyer have decided they can make more money using their expensive assets elsewhere.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 7:01 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by craig_mc
Just back from a LHR-MUC one night business trip. Flew Lufthansa for the first time in 20+ years which as a BA gold card holder hurts me alot. Terrible schedule at the moment offered by BA from LHR on this route never mind a LCY option
Presumably that's LH mainline rather than Eurowings or whatever lo-co they use on all other routes other than FRA?

I miss the old BA MUC lounge, although the new third party one is quite nice.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by South London Bon Viveur
Presumably that's LH mainline rather than Eurowings or whatever lo-co they use on all other routes other than FRA?

I miss the old BA MUC lounge, although the new third party one is quite nice.
Yes, it's mainline, sort of. Although in the past week, they've just transferred their MUC operation over to a new AOC, basically like the BA Euroflyer operation at LGW, in order to improve their cost base. But essentially mainline, yes. That said, I much prefer MUC T2 to T1, and think that the LH product end-to-end stacks up quite well on this route.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 9:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Luckily the Airbrau Restaurant/ Wirtshaus is located in between T1 and T2 so between BA and LH - as long as I can go there, that's all that matters

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.