Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

A modest proposal: System-wide turmeric ban

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A modest proposal: System-wide turmeric ban

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2018, 4:44 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver
Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
BA flies from and to several countries with proud curry cultures.I count in particular the chicken curries offered out of JNB amongst the few remaining glories of economy class catering — warming, aromatic, full of exciting spices. Unfortunately, these also include copious amounts of turmeric, as noticeable from the yellow coating on your hands after you've just lifted off the foil cover, about a third of which can be successfully transferred to your little paper napkin. I never seem to be able to consume any of these curries in the crowded space of an economy seat with the utensils on offer without ruining at least one item of clothing. So my question is, could turmeric not just be cut out of airline food recipes? Although I do include it myself when making my own curries at ground level, its contribution to the flavour is definitely on the subtle side. This would be one single instance of BA cost cutting that I would actually approve of.
Wash your hands with soap after...first world problems
Old Sep 18, 2018, 4:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by WickedStepMother

Who does all the laundry in your house? I am guessing it is your wife. You might starting giving a damn if you had to treat the stains yourself.
The washing machine. Granted my wife loads it as I haven't a clue how much soap powder to use. However I do sometimes hang it and even iron as well.

I have a turmeric plant in the garden although I've never got around to using the root.
WickedStepMother likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by jfallesen
Or BA used to include along with salt and pepper in CE. I actually miss those after they got enhanced away and am disappointed to see they did not return with the new catering....
Curious. I'm sure they were provided in the CE catering pack we had last week. Perhaps that was the outbound, with the 'old CE', as opposed to the return with 'new CE'.

Of course, they often get used for cleaning around the seat, augmenting the hot towel wipes!!!
Old Sep 18, 2018, 8:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by T8191
Curious. I'm sure they were provided in the CE catering pack we had last week. Perhaps that was the outbound, with the 'old CE', as opposed to the return with 'new CE'.

Of course, they often get used for cleaning around the seat, augmenting the hot towel wipes!!!
Have not seen them at all during the panini era on any of the SH bands. Under the new system I have only travelled band 1 so far but both of those flights were without the wipes.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 8:50 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by T8191

That is LGW special now! For some reason it stayed at LGW but has been done away with at LHR for a while now.
T8191 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.