Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Saudi advice?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2018, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by ilcannone
The food bit is very true, but the invitations is not as far as I'm concerned. Such things are dull as dishwater with most people spending all their time on their phones doing nothing or smoking shisha. Frankly, it's all smokescreens and they don't do it out of sincerity but rather to make themselves look good...the reality is that they don't really care for others.
This absolutely ^

For all saying Saudi are really friend people, its all a facade to hide the reality. Try talking to a normal worker on how Saudi treats them. If you're an expat, you'll definitely be treated better.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by JamesKidd
Don't talk to women, don't shake hands with women, don't have breakfast with women. Keep praising the Saudi royals few times a day and you'll be fine.

This wasn't my experience professionally. I was working with lots of women at my client and I had meetings and emails with them in exactly the same as I would with men.

I'm sure outdoors your recommendation holds true, but I found the working environment in my client to be totally non-segregated and, other than all of the Saudi women I worked with were wearing niqab, the rest of the environment was not very dissimilar from the working environment in client offices in Europe and the US.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: Qatar, Turkish, Aeroflot
Originally Posted by JamesKidd
If you're an expat, you'll definitely be treated better.
To some degree, yes, but not entirely.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Got my passport back with the visa inside it yesterday, along with a photo of a completely unknown to me bloke stapled to a page near the back. I guess it should be a photo of me for something? No reply from the Visa agency.. Its an easy swap if that's all it is, some poor sod somewhere must be looking at a photo of me.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Talking

Originally Posted by endoman
Got my passport back with the visa inside it yesterday, along with a photo of a completely unknown to me bloke stapled to a page near the back. I guess it should be a photo of me for something? No reply from the Visa agency.. Its an easy swap if that's all it is, some poor sod somewhere must be looking at a photo of me.
I just got back from getting my photos for my Saudi visa and this made me really laugh
Old Sep 20, 2018, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Expatbear
I just got back from getting my photos for my Saudi visa and this made me really laugh
I have some spare you could have had......
Old Oct 18, 2018, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

I’ll do small trip report when I’ve caught up on sleep. I had zero issues at immigration 20 mins. All internal Flynas flights no bother including an exit row with empty seat.

i was petrified before going for the first time, but now would happily go back ( and have been invited). I’ve never delivered a lecture at midnight before though !!!

orbitmic, PeteM01 and wilsnunn like this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 12:38 pm

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
I’ll do small trip report when I’ve caught up on sleep. I had zero issues at immigration 20 mins. All internal Flynas flights no bother including an exit row with empty seat.

i was petrified before going for the first time, but now would happily go back ( and have been invited). I’ve never delivered a lecture at midnight before though !!!

A lecture on endocrinology or on endowed men? 😀

Glad all went well
Old Oct 18, 2018, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Endodontics, ( root canals) I know, it's the best conversation killer ever. 270 delegates at 3 hands on courses in 3 cities, usually do about 12 people in UK!!!

Biggest airport delay = MAN baggage. Flynas were superb for a LCC.
Takiteasy likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 2:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
I’ll do small trip report when I’ve caught up on sleep.
Looking forward to it. Never flown FlyNAS as always flew on Saudia when in Saudi, but good to know that they aren't bad!
Old Oct 18, 2018, 3:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Endodontics, ( root canals) I know, it's the best conversation killer ever. 270 delegates at 3 hands on courses in 3 cities, usually do about 12 people in UK!!!

Biggest airport delay = MAN baggage. Flynas were superb for a LCC.
Root Canals???
ZZZZZZZZ.

Now get back to the ski forum :-)
endoman and Takiteasy like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.