Search

Upgrade using Avios

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2018, 6:41 am
zaf
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold VIP, BonVoy Gold, BAEC Gold, AmEx Platinum, Visa Infinite
Upgrade using Avios

A quick search did not find an answer to my question, so I apologize if this has been discussed earlier.

I am looking to use my Avios to upgrade from WT+ to CW. When I search through he book with money upgrade with Avios section I get a price of = $2000 + 22,500 miles. If I search for WT+ as a cash only I get a price of ~ $1200.

My question to you is, are all WT+ rates are upgradable after purchase? and will the upgrade with Avios miles rate be the same?
Because it would definitely be cheaper to buy the ticket cash, then immediately go to manage my booking and upgrade with miles.

Thanks for your help.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 6:45 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
It's a bug. All WTP fares are upgradeable. Book the cheap rate then phone up to add the avios. MMB may or may not work at that point.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 6:46 am

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
This is a known issue. All WT+ flights are upgradable so I would book it and then upgrade separately. Any problems you’ve got 24 hrs to cancel without charge.
Dint delay though, that CW redemption may go quickly.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Cymro
It's a bug.
And for more details, search here for the word "DIF".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.