Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CCR card no good in Singapore?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2018, 5:28 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
It's definitely an "always no" in SIN as of some time last month, which is a shame because I probably spent more time in the CCB there than I do in the LHR CCR. They've even got an internal memo to hand that gives the spiel about Concorde Room Cards only being valid in London and New York...
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 5:40 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
With the rest of the 'rafts?
Trying to figure out the opup chances from WTP, so needed good sized sample
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 5:44 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Don’t worry about not getting access apparently it’s not that special as it has a cheap seedy feel about it and is poorly maintained. Also some rumors suggest the ventilation is very bad.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 5:58 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by icegirl
Don’t worry about not getting access apparently it’s not that special as it has a cheap seedy feel about it and is poorly maintained. Also some rumors suggest the ventilation is very bad.
Haha, not worried, I have been there many a time and it's not the nicest lounge, but whenever I was in it was pretty quiet. I much rather spend a couple of hours in hawker centre and get to the airport for boarding time.
icegirl likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 6:21 am

Programs: ; BAEC Silver; Qantas FF Gold; Hertz Gold, Accor A-Club Gold
Originally Posted by rapidex
I prefer the QF lounge in SIN.
absolutely! No competition between the two. The food offering and showers just across the way in QF should embarrass BA
libertyuk likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 6:33 am

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
I seem to recall in the official thread relating to the SIN CCB that it is possible to reserve seating. I was asked - in that thread - how? I didn’t respond because the answer is: I do not know! I am an infrequent user of said CCB but on my last visit I was given a personal greeting and was shown to one of the two (I think) semi-private booths whereupon a ‘reserved’ sign in the booth was whisked away.

It was a quiet space to spend an hour prior to boarding and as I was planning to eat on board I didn’t check out the food. Others were tucking in.

Doc Copper
Old Sep 16, 2018, 6:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Have you visited it?
orbitmic and DoctorCopper like this.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 7:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Have you visited it?
Nope and nor do I ever wish to unless you can change my mind?
Old Sep 16, 2018, 7:07 am

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Hearsay is rarely a good argument to employ for or against. Better to rely upon those that have a genuine experience.

Doc Copper
Old Sep 16, 2018, 7:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by DoctorCopper

Hearsay is rarely a good argument to employ for or against. Better to rely upon those that have a genuine experience.

Doc Copper
I would normally agree but there is enough reviews online not in its favour. Here are a couple of examples.

British Airways Concorde Bar Singapore Review - Changi Airport - FlyStayTravel

https://www.headforpoints.com/2015/1...bar-singapore/
Old Sep 16, 2018, 7:20 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
dont know why they built that special CCR bar in Singapore without any natural light - trying to get a special nightclub feel?

btw do they change the door PIN frequently? was given one the last time I was there, is one able to recycle
Old Sep 16, 2018, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
I would normally agree but there is enough reviews online not in its favour.
So you think you are qualified to give advice as to what people should and should not do, based not on any personal experience (however thin that might be) but based only on things that other people have said which you have read on the internet?
DoctorCopper likes this.

Last edited by Globaliser; Sep 16, 2018 at 7:44 am
Old Sep 16, 2018, 7:42 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
It’s not for me to convince you one way or the other, I use it regularly and find it a nice, comfortable place to wait for my flight. YMMV. The staff are very attentive and the prepared to order food options I find adequate for my needs.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I would normally agree but there is enough reviews online not in its favour. Here are a couple of examples.

British Airways Concorde Bar Singapore Review - Changi Airport - FlyStayTravel

https://www.headforpoints.com/2015/1...bar-singapore/
Well, I've been there something like 15-18 times. I'm not a big fan for a number of reasons, though it is quiet, but neither do I recognise any of "it has a cheap seedy feel about it and is poorly maintained. Also some rumors suggest the ventilation is very bad." as matching any of my experiences.
LTN Phobia likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: BA Gold AVIS Presidents Club
In Sin CCR now . Nothing special about the place really and after some stellar service on BA16 from SYD orange juice and not LPGS is the go. Met a fellow traveller also on a GUF. Coincidently both of us booked our upgrades through the same FT recommended travel agent.. BA 11 delayed 2 hrs for some reason. Groan.......Desk girls did a good job changing my onwards connection to Prague. Remains to be seen if my bag makes it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.