Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CCR card no good in Singapore?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2018, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL & LTG, EK Silver, HHonors Lifetime Diamond; Proudly Mucci Free - total nonsense
CCR card no good in Singapore?

On SIN-LHR trip earlier this week, as I entered the lounge it was pretty busy so I went back to the lounge desk and showed them my CCR card. The woman at the desk said that the CCR room was now for first class passengers only. No big deal, as I found seats quite soon in the main lounge, and from recollection of being in the SIN Concorde room in the past, it was quite small anyway and very crowded (like the little DXB one).

I hadn't heard of this as a lounge access change though. Anyone else aware?
Old Sep 15, 2018, 7:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by bullroot
On SIN-LHR trip earlier this week, as I entered the lounge it was pretty busy so I went back to the lounge desk and showed them my CCR card. The woman at the desk said that the CCR room was now for first class passengers only. No big deal, as I found seats quite soon in the main lounge, and from recollection of being in the SIN Concorde room in the past, it was quite small anyway and very crowded (like the little DXB one).

I think all the CCR Card T&C mention access to LHR T5 and JFK T7. What I read here in Flyertalk over the past year in other location like in SIN, etc they started to enforce that policy. So officially that is correct however sometimes there are report people get access.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 7:30 am

Yep I tried to access it a few months back on a CCR card, no dice.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by bullroot

I prefer the QF lounge in SIN.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
This appears to be outstations enforcing the rules more strictly than before.

Technically there are no Concorde Rooms outside of LHR T5 (including the Concorde Breakfast Room in Galleries Arrivals) and JFK.

DXB and SIN have Concorde Bars, whilst IAD and BOS have Concorde Dining.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 7:37 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
Shame. You would think they could allow CCR access based on relatively low numbers.
crazyanglaisy and tynmar like this.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 8:04 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by Genius1
This appears to be outstations enforcing the rules more strictly than before.

Technically there are no Concorde Rooms outside of LHR T5 (including the Concorde Breakfast Room in Galleries Arrivals) and JFK.

DXB and SIN have Concorde Bars, whilst IAD and BOS have Concorde Dining.
Do not know about IAD but BOS is now branded as First Dining, not Concorde Dining.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 7:43 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
I certainly have been admitted to the Singapore Concorde Bar based on my Concorde card (flying J), last January. However, I don't think you miss too much if you don't get in. It's very dark and the food options are actually identical to the lounge. So the only difference is the premium spirits ... in a trade off with the dark atmosphere ...
Old Sep 16, 2018, 1:20 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by swiss_global
I certainly have been admitted to the Singapore Concorde Bar based on my Concorde card (flying J), last January. However, I don't think you miss too much if you don't get in. It's very dark and the food options are actually identical to the lounge. So the only difference is the premium spirits ... in a trade off with the dark atmosphere ...
Same situation here. I am flying SIN in WTP 4 times in november so will be able to re-test the above.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 1:55 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Same situation here. I am flying SIN in WTP 4 times in november so will be able to re-test the above.
In the last few weeks the Oneworld site has removed reference to using your Concorde card for Singapore access. So it must be a concerted effort to deny access to Concorde card holders.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 1:56 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
I wonder if we will just miss each other again? I might even guest you in
Old Sep 16, 2018, 2:14 am

Whether it's now a 'sometimes no' or 'always no', I think it's pretty silly. The numbers of CCR holders are tiny and the cost to BA of allowing them access to these spaces is negligible. Not doing so seems to me a sure-fire way to annoy your most valued customers.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 2:15 am

Same change for Dubai?

Originally Posted by sxc

In the last few weeks the Oneworld site has removed reference to using your Concorde card for Singapore access. So it must be a concerted effort to deny access to Concorde card holders.
Looks like the same change has been made recently to the Oneworld wording for DXB's Concorde Bar. I'm heading that way shortly, and checked out the Oneworld rubric a couple of weeks ago, but today there's no mention of the card.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 2:16 am

I thought you didn't fly "pleb classes"?
Tobias-UK and nufnuf77 like this.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by rapidex
I prefer the QF lounge in SIN.
True. But they get terribly crowded before BA flights, after QF shifted their hub from DXB back to SIN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.