Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Some secret sale on LHR-DUS?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2018, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Some secret sale on LHR-DUS?

Just noticed that prices on LHR-DUS dropped massively today - previously hardly any returns available sub £100 (and some more like £150-200), now there is a lot of availability for just £69.

The fare component is just £11 for the return,I don't think I've ever seen a number that low before.

Looking at some of the price drops I'd almost say these are incorrect fares... Does anyone know more?
Old Sep 14, 2018, 1:11 pm
Suspended

Maybe something to do with Ryanair 3 daily STN-CGN sales of £20 return fare? And Eurowings sub £60 STN-CGN too?
Old Sep 14, 2018, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Hmm LGW-CGN with BA has been around £59 for a while now - don't think that route really is an alternative for a lot of DUS-LHR regulars...
Old Sep 14, 2018, 1:32 pm

I booked CE & 2 nights in 4* hotel during the hack period for £242 for Feb , quite happy with this
Old Sep 14, 2018, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by just_starting
Just noticed that prices on LHR-DUS dropped massively today - previously hardly any returns available sub £100 (and some more like £150-200), now there is a lot of availability for just £69.

The fare component is just £11 for the return,I don't think I've ever seen a number that low before.
It looks like this fare is part of a flash sale. Filed 13 September 2018 at 1811, apparently, and the rules include "TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/AFTER 13SEP18 AND ON/BEFORE 16SEP18."

There is no such thing as a "secret" sale. There are, however, plenty of sales that happen without any marketing fanfare. It's always funny to see how some FTers won't believe that there's a sale on until the airline tells them so - even to the extent of welcoming marketing confirmation when sale fares have by then already been plain to see in the listings for many hours, if not days.

Well spotted on this occasion! It looks like it's something like £42 lower than the usual cheapest round-trip fare.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 3:45 pm

Programs: BA GGL
That's annoying cos I booked this 30hrs ago...!

Was £180 for a Mon to Wed.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Well the price for my CE trip in December has gone up!

I assume this was for economy so it's useful to actually say that and also any dates where you can get this cheap fare.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 9:39 pm

Programs: BAEC
Just have a look in the low fare finder, it's pretty wide open.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Globaliser
It looks like this fare is part of a flash sale. Filed 13 September 2018 at 1811, apparently, and the rules include "TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/AFTER 13SEP18 AND ON/BEFORE 16SEP18."

There is no such thing as a "secret" sale. There are, however, plenty of sales that happen without any marketing fanfare. It's always funny to see how some FTers won't believe that there's a sale on until the airline tells them so - even to the extent of welcoming marketing confirmation when sale fares have by then already been plain to see in the listings for many hours, if not days.

Well spotted on this occasion! It looks like it's something like £42 lower than the usual cheapest round-trip fare.
Interesting, thank you very much for the insight :-)

They seem to have extended the sale to June now even. I've booked about 20 flights!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.