Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

I volunteered to get bumped off flight and am still waiting for the promised 400eu

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I volunteered to get bumped off flight and am still waiting for the promised 400eu

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2018, 2:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by PETER01
A late welcome here but nevertheless thanks for your post essouira and hope it all works out for you. Please do post back if possible as to how you get on and once again welcome to flyertalk and here over on the BA Board. ^
I will keep everyone posted ....... but it sounds as if I may be waiting a while to get the payment that I was promised would be available immediately !!!
PETER01 likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 5:05 am

Programs: Qatar, Turkish, Aeroflot
Interesting. My husband and I both had 2 of these from Lufthansa within a week of the voluntary offload. But then, Germans are more efficient than Brits
Old Sep 13, 2018, 7:10 am
Original Poster

update .....

I have just received an email from BA stating that the 400eu will be paid into my bank account.
I will post when it arrives !

Unfortunately, there is no mention of the refund of expenses so I have contacted them again to chase this up and will keep everyone informed on progress.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 7:34 am

Speedily a tale is spun ;
With much less speed the deed is done.
essouira likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 10:33 am
Original Poster

The £358 just arrived in my bank account today ...... more than seven weeks after the original flight. Not quite the "cash card that can be used immediately" but at least I now have the money.
I have received another email implying that I will receive the promised refund of seat reservation and car hire charge for late arrival.
Watch this space and I will let you know how much longer that takes.
No offer of recompense was made for the hours of telephone time and the inconvenience/stress caused by the impossibility of contacting Customer Relations.
I guess we'll all think twice about volunteering next time.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 10:40 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
As the seat reservation fee is one paid to the carrier, why not simply notify your card issuer (bank) and let them process the chargeback for the service not delivered?
Old Sep 18, 2018, 3:06 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Originally Posted by essouira
The £358 just arrived in my bank account today ...... more than seven weeks after the original flight. Not quite the "cash card that can be used immediately" but at least I now have the money.
I have received another email implying that I will receive the promised refund of seat reservation and car hire charge for late arrival.
Watch this space and I will let you know how much longer that takes.
No offer of recompense was made for the hours of telephone time and the inconvenience/stress caused by the impossibility of contacting Customer Relations.
I guess we'll all think twice about volunteering next time.
This nicely sums up BA at the moment - they will do the bare minimum with as much delay as possible, making as difficult for the customer as they can. A very good job that you got something in writing with an employees name.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

some good news

I have now received the 400eu and the cost of out-of-hours pick-up for my hire car so that's some good news at least
Old Oct 10, 2018, 4:02 pm

Programs: BAEC silver
So not a scam after all
Old Oct 18, 2018, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Correct - not a scam ...... but I had to work bloody hard to get what I'd been promised !!
shefgab likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 2:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by essouira
I had to work bloody hard to get what I'd been promised !!
So it's like IKEA then - you appreciate it more for having worked harder for it?

Good on you for not giving up though, kudos!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.