Wiki Posts
Search

LHR Fast Track Security Question...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2018, 12:18 am
Original Poster

LHR Fast Track Security Question...

Hi,

I’m Gold and my partner Silver, we are travelling with 3 friends out of LHR T5 next weekend who are on our flight, but a different booking.

Can we all use the business fast fast track security lane? Or is it only one guest per status holder like the lounges?

Also, as I’m Gold, could I take one of them through the first wing so they can experience it, even if they are on a different booking?

Thanks for the help! Can’t find it anywhere on BA Website.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 12:50 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by GBFlyer
Hi,

I’m Gold and my partner Silver, we are travelling with 3 friends out of LHR T5 next weekend who are on our flight, but a different booking.

Can we all use the business fast fast track security lane? Or is it only one guest per status holder like the lounges?

Also, as I’m Gold, could I take one of them through the first wing so they can experience it, even if they are on a different booking?

Thanks for the help! Can’t find it anywhere on BA Website.
Formally, fast track access is one guest per Silver or above, see here: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/airport-information/london-heathrow-airport/heathrow-t5

In practise, they seem lax at enforcing that and a polite request should hopefully bring a positive outcome.

The First Wing - yes, you can guest one (and only one) person through security and directly into the Flounge, even on a separate booking. That limit will be strictly enforced.

It's not clear - do you intend to stay together as a party once through security? E.g. guesting one person via First Wing will prevent you guesting in your partner to the Flounge later on, although this won't be an issue if you're not planning on using the lounges (I'd guess not if staying together and not in business)

Old Sep 5, 2018, 1:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BertieBadger
Formally, fast track access is one guest per Silver or above, see here: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/airport-information/london-heathrow-airport/heathrow-t5

In practise, they seem lax at enforcing that and a polite request should hopefully bring a positive outcome.

The First Wing - yes, you can guest one (and only one) person through security and directly into the Flounge, even on a separate booking. That limit will be strictly enforced.

It's not clear - do you intend to stay together as a party once through security? E.g. guesting one person via First Wing will prevent you guesting in your partner to the Flounge later on, although this won't be an issue if you're not planning on using the lounges (I'd guess not if staying together and not in business)

Thanks Bertie!

As there are 5 of us and we have Priority Passes we planned on using the Aspire Lounge - although I have no experience of it at LHR it can’t be too different from the BA business lounge can it?

I just thought one of my party might fancy the experience of F wing and maybe a quick swigg of something sparkling
Old Sep 5, 2018, 1:11 am

Programs: BA, Hilton

Thanks Bertie!

As there are 5 of us and we have Priority Passes we planned on using the Aspire Lounge - although I have no experience of it at LHR it can’t be too different from the BA business lounge can it?

I just thought one of my party might fancy the experience of F wing and maybe a quick swigg of something sparkling
No experience of the Aspire lounges, sorry.

I do rate the First Wing as one of the best benefits since becoming gold, so yes, I see your point - pick one friend and take them that route and once you've sampled the champers reconvene in the Aspire at your leisure. Sounds like a good plan to me!
GBFlyer likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 1:12 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
You can definitely take one (but only one as you suggested) through the First Wing, as access to the First Wing is dependent on eligibility for Galleries First lounge access.

Theoretically you could all check in at the First checkin, but then at least 3 of your party would need to go through normal or Fast Track security (if you can persuade them to let you through Fast Track - you could get one guest per cardholder through Fast Track but officially not the other person)

For boarding, in my experience they do check that others in your party are on the same booking and I have seen groups split up when they're not on the same booking. I don't know if this is official policy, but I have certainly seen it happen.
GBFlyer likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 1:28 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
You'll likely have to queue to enter the Aspire lounge at T5. It's very different from the BA lounges, much smaller and has limited refreshments. I would imagine you'll find it difficult to get seats for 5 people together.
GBFlyer likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 1:35 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
More information here, given that LHR has some good restaurants (etc) I personally would be reluctant to recommend it
Aspire Lounge and Spa: Paid for lounge in LHR T5 - Information, photographs, reviews
however if it is part of your travel, then you can I believe pay to reserve a place.

Premium Plaza on the other hand, whilst not exactly cheap may actually be value for money, if you are there 2 or 3 hours.
T5 New Plaza Premium Airside Lounge
GBFlyer likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 3:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
More information here, given that LHR has some good restaurants (etc) I personally would be reluctant to recommend it
Aspire Lounge and Spa: Paid for lounge in LHR T5 - Information, photographs, reviews
however if it is part of your travel, then you can I believe pay to reserve a place.

Premium Plaza on the other hand, whilst not exactly cheap may actually be value for money, if you are there 2 or 3 hours.
T5 New Plaza Premium Airside Lounge

This is great - thank you! I didn't even know there was a Plaza Premium.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:00 am

Thanks Bertie!

Aspire Lounge is absolutely dire, though if no other option try it out. Is your/your friends' Priority Pass via Amex ? If so, you could use Amex for access to Plaza Lounge in T5 is which one of best lounges
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JamesKidd
Aspire Lounge is absolutely dire, though if no other option try it out. Is your/your friends' Priority Pass via Amex ? If so, you could use Amex for access to Plaza Lounge in T5 is which one of best lounges
Yes, I believe 3 of us have Amex Plat - do you know if guests are allowed too? 5 of us in total, using 3 Amex's to get in?

This is quite exciting - as I hardly ever leave the First lounge, I had no idea there was a Plaza Premium.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:58 am

Yes, I believe 3 of us have Amex Plat - do you know if guests are allowed too? 5 of us in total, using 3 Amex's to get in?

This is quite exciting - as I hardly ever leave the First lounge, I had no idea there was a Plaza Premium.
Yes if it UK issued Amex then yes, you can take one guest per card. Just make sure it is Amex Platinum Charge card since there are various versions of Amex cards.
GBFlyer likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold

A UK-issued Platinum card that is not a business/corporate card allows one free guest so if they are private cards, you will all be good. And it is quite a nice lounge!
GBFlyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.