Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why is TCP (seating) so difficult for BA?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2018, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: VS Silver, EK Gold, BA GGL/CCR
Why is TCP (seating) so difficult for BA?

Warning - rant ahead.

Once a a year I bring my son (13) on a work trip with me and it’s naturally something I really look forward to. this year we’re off to the air show in Miramar (California) and I don’t know which of us is looking forward to it more.

I’m working and he’s on avios so no alternative to having two bookings. Joker and GUF used, flights booked, all good.

I allocate seats for myself and send the GGL team (who are usually excellent) a request to seat us together giving them both PNRs and the seats I’m requesting to be allocated for junior (no gold protected seats etc).

Four emails and and three phone calls later it’s still not done. Excuses ranging from seating are busy and it may take 72 hours (we’re now two weeks plus into this saga) to “we can’t contact seating by phone”.

I understand BA have chosen to put protecting revenue ahead of empowering employees to actually help customers, but if you make this choice then at least have efficient processes?

End of rant.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 6:49 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
I must say that I've never had a problem doing this - even when two members of the group were in a cabin (and therefore not eligible for seat selection under TCP) they were kind enough to do it.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I think it’s actually easier to achieve this on ba than on most other airlines.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
I am on the same S/H flight as my father. Complete coincidence and different bookings. I called the Gold line and they moved him to an extra leg room seat next to me for free within 24 hours. I was delighted with the ease of the TCP procedure.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by Aztec_Flyer
Warning - rant ahead.

Once a a year I bring my son (13) on a work trip with me and it’s naturally something I really look forward to. this year we’re off to the air show in Miramar (California) and I don’t know which of us is looking forward to it more.

I’m working and he’s on avios so no alternative to having two bookings. Joker and GUF used, flights booked, all good.

I allocate seats for myself and send the GGL team (who are usually excellent) a request to seat us together giving them both PNRs and the seats I’m requesting to be allocated for junior (no gold protected seats etc).

Four emails and and three phone calls later it’s still not done. Excuses ranging from seating are busy and it may take 72 hours (we’re now two weeks plus into this saga) to “we can’t contact seating by phone”.

I understand BA have chosen to put protecting revenue ahead of empowering employees to actually help customers, but if you make this choice then at least have efficient processes?

End of rant.
Well i can tell you that in contact centres we dont have a contact phone number for seating, so that is true. My understanding is that its a small back office team in Manchester. So while they can sit and work through bookings from the ‘queue’ they probably wouldnt have enough people to answer what would probably amount to a lot of calls.

Also when you are calling and speaking to agents we are simply sending the requests to seating. The booking is sent and from there what order or how long seating take varies a lot in my experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.