Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gatwick bag drop

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2018, 5:57 am
Original Poster

Gatwick bag drop

What is the latest I can drop luggage the day before I fly?

also, can I guest someone into lounge as I’m flying first class( no status!&#128546?
Old Sep 1, 2018, 6:05 am

Location: Almost exactly equally distant from LCY, LGW and LHR.
Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
> What is the latest I can drop luggage the day before I fly?

- https://www.gatwickairport.com/at-th...fore-check-in/

Day before flying: Drop bag between 16:00 and 22:00
Day of flying: Flight must be before 15:15.

> can I guest someone into lounge as I’m flying first class

Yes, assuming they are flying on a BA/Oneworld flight on the same day. They will be able to go in the first lounge with you.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 6:16 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
At this time of year there are flights to 23:00 hrs out of LGW on some days, so I suspect you could probably check in the bags to 22:00 hrs or even a little beyond. However on some days there aren't any flights after 21:30 so there is a risk there won't be any BA staff in check-in after 21:00 hrs. The way to find out is to check the last EDI, GLA or BCN flight since they are usually the last 3 services out of LGW on normal days. And then knock an hour off the departure time.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 6:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
As CWS says I'd not leave until the last minute. I fly on a ski trip via LGW every year and check my Skis in the night before, but I think the latest I've done this is 18.30 or 19.30 in the oversize luggage. One time there was no one there but BA page them and the chap came over. So don't panic if no-one is around. All pretty seamless.

If you are staying at LGW I've used the Bloc hotel on a couple of occasions and it is okay. I've used the Hilton exec rooms and they are poor value. Indeed the way to them is the back of the hilton through the stinky corridors of the normal rooms. I was bored one day doing and overnight and I timed coming from the Hilton room and compared to coming form the Sofitel in the North terminal and the Sofitel via the wee train is faster. Premier Inn at LGW North is also very good.

I know you only asked about bag drop but I assume you are staying overnight and thought the extra hotel info would be useful
Old Sep 1, 2018, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
sorry c-w-s but if BA advertise a 22.00 cut off for the bag drop service then they should jolly well make sure staff are still there.

it should not be up to passengers to have to work out what time the last flight departure on any given day is to work out if the bag drop desk will be open or not.

Old Sep 1, 2018, 6:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, AirAstana Silver (much use as chocolate teapot)
Originally Posted by GlasgowCyclops
As CWS says I'd not leave until the last minute. I fly on a ski trip via LGW every year and check my Skis in the night before, but I think the latest I've done this is 18.30 or 19.30 in the oversize luggage. One time there was no one there but BA page them and the chap came over. So don't panic if no-one is around. All pretty seamless.

If you are staying at LGW I've used the Bloc hotel on a couple of occasions and it is okay. I've used the Hilton exec rooms and they are poor value. Indeed the way to them is the back of the hilton through the stinky corridors of the normal rooms. I was bored one day doing and overnight and I timed coming from the Hilton room and compared to coming form the Sofitel in the North terminal and the Sofitel via the wee train is faster. Premier Inn at LGW North is also very good.

I know you only asked about bag drop but I assume you are staying overnight and thought the extra hotel info would be useful
I've used the check in the day before a bit recently. Generally get there around 8:30 - 9 & there are always a fair few staff around.

We use the Bloc hotel too. Fair value, very convienient with the reception being next to security. Bloc to lounge 10mins max.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I must try the Bloc ... I’ve used the Hilton from force of a habit that I need to break!
Old Sep 1, 2018, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Hi maties,long time no hear,
thankyou all for quick and helpful replies,

we are staying in he *yotel, the night before, should be fun!!?
but , because of that , we have no need to arrive early and ‘explore’ what is basically a bed,

we are doing our annual holiday using Amex 241,and the masses of points we accumulated when we were jet setters. This year sandals Barbados , never done sandals before but expecting great things.

to those who know me, I’m flying Thursday 13thif you are around .
Old Sep 1, 2018, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Hi Sards ... nice to see you here again, and enjoy the Sandals! A bit large for our tastes, we prefer the Sandals Royal Plantation, with only 74 rooms! And our next Caribbean (next year) only has 30! Small is beautiful!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.