Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Looking for help from the Avios hive mind ......... best way to book 5 people BOM-LHR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for help from the Avios hive mind ......... best way to book 5 people BOM-LHR

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2018, 4:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Exec Club - Gold Member - yeah baby, Emerald Aisle Executive Elite - Woo, Marriott Silver Executive
Smile Looking for help from the Avios hive mind ......... best way to book 5 people BOM-LHR

Hello all and HAPPY FRIDAY!!

I have the good luck to be planning a trip to the UK for Christmas.

However I am cheap. I have 280,000 Avios and a GUF2 to use. Me, my wife and three kids 6 and over will all be traveling.

Ideally I'd fly BOM-LHR on Dec 19th and back Jan 5th.

Looking at the BA site is depressing - best it could do was about $2k plus 250,000 avios for WTP seats.

Does anyone have any ideas to help?
Old Aug 31, 2018, 5:41 am

Programs: BA - Silver,Hilton-Diamond, IHG - PlatAmb, GHA - Plat
I dont think you could have picked a worst time to try and get avios availability, as that is at the beginning and end of the school holidays and when a lot of people will be breaking up for the long Xmas break..
Old Aug 31, 2018, 5:46 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
At that time of year, I think your are lucky to have found five semi-premium seats on BA. Neither Avios nor cash price will come down. You may be lucky and get a CW seat coming up but I'd take what you have now before that disappears. I have not memorised the chart, but I don't think you have enough miles for a bunch of CW seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.