Wiki Posts
Search

Rant - Customer Services - Just funny

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA, JAL
Rant - Customer Services - Just funny

A couple months back our flight departing LHR (booked with avios in club europe business) was eventually cancelled after a three hour delay sat on the tarmac. Apparently it was weather related...
There was nothing BA could offer apart from the floor and a sleeping bag at the sofitel, and a text message to say we had been booked on the next available flight - which happened to be around 20 hours later.
Because we eventually got back off the flight after midnight, it screwed my hotel accommodation reservation, but also meant it would be difficult to get home (north of London) by train. Anyhow, we tried to get back, missed the last train and waited four hours for the six o'clock departure from Euston. In the meantime, we noticed our flight had been booked into economy, so we phoned BA customer service to try and get this changed and after forty minutes on hold were told - "there is nothing that can be done, please write and complain about it".
Anyway, roll on a day and at the gate the people in front are upgraded for free to business, while we are stuck in economy, charming, a very nice way to start our reduced weekend break!
On returning back to England, I complain and about three weeks or so later get a reply, ignoring most of the content in my complaint saying we aren't entitled to compensation because the cancellation was weather related.
In my response, I write that I'd appreciate the difference in avios back and taxes, as we paid for business and got economy.
Today, I get a response including some data protection guff about how I must provide a signed agreement from my partner that I can act on her behalf to get the avios back. Really???
You pay for business and they provide economy and they can't just send the difference back without some hoops? I have already clicked on all these things stating that I'm acting for all passengers. Are they taking the Michael with this? Seems out and out terrible.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: EK Siver, Dusit Gold, Cycling Proficiency Test, Tufty Club Member and Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
I think the collective noun you are looking for is "shower"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.