Search

Next USA city?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:18 am

CVG - Cincinnati

One thing is for sure, BA need more 787's
Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:18 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
BA will look at where their big customers are growing.
A second flight to Austin is as likely as anything else. I've looked at loads before, and it seems pretty busy. Apple continue to grow there, as do the parasites.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:58 am

Programs: British Airways, Hilton
Originally Posted by Charleston Tom

PS. For our British guests on this site you should consider visiting on June 28th when we celebrate our famous victory in 1776 over a large British Fleet with a parade and speeches.
Weren't the thirteen colonies also British until July 4th 1776? :-)
Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
I always wanted PIT, but I don't care any more as I no longer need to travel there
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:05 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Originally Posted by NCLBen
What about the 1780 battle? Is that celebrated aswell? One where the Frogs didn't help out, so the Brits won.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:11 am

Programs: BAEC
No we don't celebrate the 1780 takeover of Charleston. We are however these days digging up lots of artifacts from that siege. It was the largest surrender of American troops before the loss of Manila in WW2.
In 1776 we were in a state of rebellion well before July 4th hence the arrival of a British Fleet in our harbor.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by NCLBen
Yes indeed.

But there was some fighting before then - hence Battle of Sullivan's Island and the tea party was in 1773
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I believe CMH (Columbus, Ohio) is keen to attract a TATL service. It would seem a good fit for BA, a growing city with lots of businesses.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:31 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by srinivaskatam
There are so many non-US routes to explore
I agree. I'm just surprised that BA is still able to get decent loads on US bound flights with the current exchange rate. While premium/corporate traffic might be making up for any shortfall in the lower cabins, it could get messy if economic conditions create a slowdown resulting in reduced premium traffic combined with reduced loads in economy cabins.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:42 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k SPG Platinum
buffalo so we can drive down from Canada and save money.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: BA Gold
Press release from AA today where they are adding seasonal flights PHX-LHR as well as DFW-DUB (B787-9!) and PHL-EDI.

Newsroom - American Airlines Expands European Footprintand Modifies Asia Service - American Airlines Group, Inc.

Edit: The thread for this news is here AA route changes announced 21 Aug 2018, inc cutting ORD-PVG - both JFK-DUB and JFK-EDI have been cut too.
orbitmic likes this.

Last edited by Steve_ZA; Aug 21, 2018 at 9:41 am
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:33 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by gms
I agree. I'm just surprised that BA is still able to get decent loads on US bound flights with the current exchange rate. While premium/corporate traffic might be making up for any shortfall in the lower cabins, it could get messy if economic conditions create a slowdown resulting in reduced premium traffic combined with reduced loads in economy cabins.
There remains a certain BA mystique in the USA, and combine it with broad low level dissatisfaction with the US legacy carrier domestic operations and the popularity of London as a leisure destination because they speak 'merrikun over there and all, I suspect a lot of load originates on the North American side, where BA can also often charge higher fares than they would on London-originating flights.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gms
Traffic the other way perhaps? Most people are not travelling in one direction.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cosmo74
Would it not make sense to operate somewhere like Windhoek as an add on to one of the A380 services to JNB? There should be plenty of time for it to go backwards and forwards there during the long stopover.
Add ons are always a bit dicey, I don’t think BA likes them.

Also it seems that the treaty between the U.K. and South Africa doesn’t allow traffic to be carried between South Africa and Namibia.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 9:14 am

Programs: BAEC
The Battle of Sullivan's Island you refer to was the same as the British Fleet fight. It was in Charleston Harbor and the rebels fought from a fort on Sullivan's Island. The fort was made from palmetto logs that are spongy and allowed the British cannon balls to bounce off in many cases. Hence we have a Palmetto Tree on our State Flag and are called the "Palmetto State".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.