Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any chance of Concorde dining tomorrow?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2018, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Any chance of Concorde dining tomorrow?

I crossed 5000 tier points on July 29th. GGL was granted (first timer!) on Aug 6th. I just called the GGL line and asked about the Concorde Room card. Seems it wasn't granted. "System problem, I'll send it in for you," she said. I have a flight tomorrow leaving Boston. I'd like to enjoy Concorde Room dining, so I ask if she can alert the lounge. "I'm sorry, I haven't got their contact information." Her suggestion was to show them the tier point collection history. Any chance of this working?

Personally, I'd find it very awkward to try to finagle my way into to the Concorde Room.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 2:52 pm

Programs: BA GGL
I believe that Concorde Dining in Boston is restricted to those travelling in First, so having a CCR card, or at least being granted the status, will not help you.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 3:04 pm

Programs: GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
I believe that Concorde Dining in Boston is restricted to those travelling in First, so having a CCR card, or at least being granted the status, will not help you.
Correct. Although make sure you say hi to Juan in the lounge!
Old Aug 17, 2018, 3:13 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Some Juan, or any Juan?
Geordie405, tynmar and mikeyfly like this.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 4:06 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by mhaines94108
I crossed 5000 tier points on July 29th. GGL was granted (first timer!) on Aug 6th. I just called the GGL line and asked about the Concorde Room card. Seems it wasn't granted. "System problem, I'll send it in for you," she said. I have a flight tomorrow leaving Boston. I'd like to enjoy Concorde Room dining, so I ask if she can alert the lounge. "I'm sorry, I haven't got their contact information." Her suggestion was to show them the tier point collection history. Any chance of this working?

Personally, I'd find it very awkward to try to finagle my way into to the Concorde Room.
BA have decided that their 500 CCR holders are too much of a strain on the F dining facilities at IAD/BOS etc so I’m afraid your new GGL/CCR status, even if you could prove it to the lounge staff on the day, will get you absolutely nothing at BOS anyway.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 5:12 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
... Wich is rediculous ..
And I haven't received my card for 90plus days now after reminding 3times.
Oh well. More important matters there I guess
Old Aug 17, 2018, 6:57 pm

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by bisonrav
Some Juan, or any Juan?
Or No Juan as it is his day off lol
bisonrav likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
While it wouldn’t have helped, problems sending the ccr card are just crazy. Last year, i got mine a whole 6 months after the previous one expired (and 9 or 10 months after I requalified!!) this year again it is late and when I called the other day, it didn’t look like they had even sent one out so GGL agent had to send an email to request it.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 11:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Doesn’t matter. You’ve seen Juan, you’ve seen ‘em all.
KARFA, bisonrav and Sisyphus1carus like this.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 12:31 am
Original Poster

What about at the arrivals lounge at Heathrow?
Old Aug 18, 2018, 12:38 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by mhaines94108
What about at the arrivals lounge at Heathrow?
You can have breakfast in the Concorde area at the back. You'll need GGL line to add your name to the list if you're not in F or no card

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.