Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Comair Op-Up Clarification & Separate Busses Trial.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2018, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat

As a a frequent flyer within the Comair network i was lucky enough to have an interaction with one of the Special Service Managers, namely [Mod: staff name redacted], who was so kind to answer a few of my lingering questions about Comair's standard operational practises. Threads and posts within this forum have provided us with different reports on policy and thought i would share some insight for all to read.

1) How come British Airways do not have separate buses for the priority line when boarding via a bus gate and then a separate bus for business class customers upon arrival?

"This has been a concern which has been raised in the past. Currently we have not done the exercise fully at all our airports in SA and have started a trial at JNB airport, which is something we are currently considering. Bidair, our service provider is currently servicing 26 airlines at ORT, so we need to raise this again with Bidair to see if they are able to accommodate our request as we fully understand the privilege of offering priority boarding, yet not able to currently meet this demand. Especially when boarding at gates, requiring busses. In the UK, BA does their own handling, using their own busses, which makes the process much more easier. Our services is a bit diluted, yet it is not uncommon to have different practises in different countries. I have chatted to our Ground Operations manager [Mod: staff name redacted], who will be in touch with our service provider, Bidair, to see how they can facilitate additional busses to accommodate this request, also for us to be able to provide a more efficient service to you, our most valued customer. Having said the above, it is not always that our Gold, Silver and Club board the flights first, hence, it becomes more challenging, yet there is room for further exploration in our current process".

2) It has been mentioned on previous occasions in the past that Comair is still doing upgrades when needed for operation reasons 25mins from the lounge in addition to the complimentary upgrade offer to Exec club members booking in a Y,B or H fare buckets is this true and if so what is the upgrade policy on Comair?

"Our current upgrade process, which is in fact a privilege extended to our Gold and Silver card holders, who book fares in full Y and B classes. This privilege is only available if there are vacant seats available in our Club cabin and is actioned on a first come basis. If our flights are full, we would need to wait until the flight is closed, which is 45 min prior to departure. Until such time, we do comment the system, so when our close out agent actually closes the flight, the system would offer the upgrade. H class is not part of our upgrade process. We would only consider an upgrade to a Gold or Silver card holder, booked on a redemption ticket, if the flight is overbooked in our Traveler class, yet would follow our onload process, which would mean Gold and Silver card holders booked on Commercial fares (from highest to lowest), would be considered first for an upgrade before Redemption class is considered. If there are no commercial card holders (Gold and Silver card holders booked on a flight), we would consider our Gold and Silver card holders, booked on Redemption tickets".
newyorklondon likes this.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Aug 17, 2018 at 7:47 am Reason: Non-senior staff names redacted per privacy policy
Old Aug 18, 2018, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by Flame3601
Our current upgrade process, which is in fact a privilege extended to our Gold and Silver card holders, who book fares in full Y and B classes.
Many thanks for this 'formal' clarification of the Y/B-to-J upgrade process, of which I've been a beneficiary before. And long may it continue! This is probably the closest BA comes to the US style of upgrading status pax as a 'standing order'.
Flame3601 likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
Commair Special Services are pretty helpful overall.

Onetime when I had an issue with a cancelled flight and therefore possible mis connect they were fabulous. It was then I discovered the Special Services team and that they gave me contact details for all the SA offices.

But I’ve never had to call on them again, fortunately!
newyorklondon likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.