Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA285 [LHR-SFO delayed departure on 28 July]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA285 [LHR-SFO delayed departure on 28 July]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2018, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs up BA285 [LHR-SFO delayed departure on 28 July]

Hi guys, I recently flew LHR/SFO on 28/july/2018 on BA285. we originally started off from NCL at 06.30 so was a long delay, flight was supposed to leave LHR at 11.20 but announcement made that would be delayed due to engine troubles. Everyone was given a £5 meal voucher for T5 (Didn't go fat but hey ho its an airport) I am trying to see what time we eventually left LHR and if any compensation is due. Thanks and regards, Pete
Old Aug 16, 2018, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome to FT

Originally Posted by Pete Chapman
I recently flew LHR/SFO on 28/july/2018 on BA285. we originally started off from NCL at 06.30 so was a long delay, flight was supposed to leave LHR at 11.20 but announcement made that would be delayed due to engine troubles. Everyone was given a £5 meal voucher for T5 (Didn't go fat but hey ho its an airport) I am trying to see what time we eventually left LHR and if any compensation is due.
Your post will be moved to The 2018 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Compensation is based on arrival time at the destination.
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ba285
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/BAW285

Please wait for the post to be moved before posting again on this topic.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 1:01 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
What was the actual delay in arriving at SFO?
Old Aug 17, 2018, 1:20 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
And the reason for the delay, there were wicked thunderstorms at LHR on 27/28 July. It was chaos with tons of flights cancelled or diverted. If it was weather or ATC reducing the flow rate, you are entitled to duty of care, which it appears you got, but no further compensation.

Weather Disruption at Heathrow - 27 July 2018
Old Aug 17, 2018, 12:43 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Moving this to our BA forum.

chgoeditor
co-mod, Info Desk
Old Aug 17, 2018, 12:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
According to FR24 - STA was 14:25 and Landed at 18:03. Gate arrival at 18:14.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 12:57 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk, and welcome to the BA forum Pete Chapman. It's good to see new people here, and greetings from a wet and windy Northumberland. This forum has a Dashboard with key information in it, including for the EC261 Regulation which cover this area. But I remember that this was the time of many cancellations and delays due to weather so I don't think you're going to get too far with this. If asking for time of arrival information (which is what matters here, not departure time), it's best to ask that here in the first 3 days, after about a week it's very difficult to be precise. It may be you have a record (e.g. if you sent a text message after arriving in SFO for example).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.