Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Need help checking On Business Availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2018, 4:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis

Hi, if anyone is able to look at On-Business availability and tax/charges costs for a couple of itineraries, could they drop me a quick PM?

Looking at options for a conference attendance and a bit short of travel budget, but I can't directly view OB as it's dealt with at a corporate level. I want to see if my proposal is viable before making it.

Thanks!
Old Aug 13, 2018, 4:35 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by bisonrav
Hi, if anyone is able to look at On-Business availability and tax/charges costs for a couple of itineraries, could they drop me a quick PM?

Looking at options for a conference attendance and a bit short of travel budget, but I can't directly view OB as it's dealt with at a corporate level. I want to see if my proposal is viable before making it.

Thanks!
No problem if you tell me what you want. However, ITA Matrix can probably help you with this much quicker. Look for V, E, R or A class availability depending on cabin you wish to fly in along with the place of ticket issue where your OB account is based.
bisonrav likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 4:50 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
No problem if you tell me what you want. However, ITA Matrix can probably help you with this much quicker. Look for V, E, R or A class availability depending on cabin you wish to fly in along with the place of ticket issue where your OB account is based.
I've learnt something new today!
Old Aug 13, 2018, 4:59 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Happy to help as well if required. Would be happy to have an excuse to burrow around a little more in my OB account.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 5:09 am
Original Poster

I think I'm OK for the moment thanks, but will come back if anything else needed. Have PMed @Tafflyer
Old Aug 13, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by bisonrav
I think I'm OK for the moment thanks, but will come back if anything else needed. Have PMed @Tafflyer
You have a PM.
bisonrav likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Possibly should retitle this thread "how I learned to love On Business redemptions". This is a trip to an East Coast conference I really want to get to, but the cash prices were very difficult to justify. Eventually found a LHR->PHL BOS->LHR open jaw which worked in Y for £650 but it required a Saturday night.

So did some work figuring out On Business and eventually determined I could get a redemption without the Saturday night stay very inexpensively. Result is that I can go to the ball and everyone is happy. I used to hate OB because I needed the points for status, but it works very well for me in the situation I'm in, and I'm on BA with a vague chance of upgrades.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.