Search

Reinstating Unused Portion of Ticket

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2018, 6:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Reinstating Unused Portion of Ticket

Hi,

So missed a Comair flight a few weeks ago, just a simple CPT-DUR, obviously the return sector was canceled. I have now noticed that my cancelled return segment would come in quite handy next week for getting back to CPT, so does anyone have any experience when it comes to Comair reinstating cancelled return sectors, especially since the ticket was issued by Kulula due to my Discovery Vitality discount? Ticket isn't a 125 stock as well which adds to my confusion.

Thanks.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 6:49 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
In my experience (from the handful of bookings that have come to attention for some reason or other at London) COMAIR handles this exactly the same as London.

The call centres will tell you that ticket is now null and void, unable to be used and normal refund conditions will apply.

At the airport, they wil tell you also the return has been cancelled, the difference being they will reinstate the booking in whatever booking class available/applicable, reprice the ticket as a one way, exchanging the ticket you already have and using the value of that against the one way journey but you’ll likely also pay the change fee/no show fee on the original ticket as in theory they are now changing that.. So depending on the fare you paid, it may or may not be worthwhile.

If its 161 ticket stock, they may handle it differently as this will be under kulula rules and I don’t know how flexible they are and their bookings/ticket stock would not come to our attention in London.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Thanks for the help, called BA and also Kulula but sadly nothing can be done and the whole trip is fully voided and cancelled.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Yes, unfortunately, you can only sort this out immediately after you have missed the flight. Once it has been cancelled in the system, it is pretty much lost for good.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 11:53 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by ThisIsntOM
The call centres will tell you that ticket is now null and void, unable to be used and normal refund conditions will apply.

At the airport, they will tell you also the return has been cancelled, the difference being they will reinstate the booking in whatever booking class available/applicable, reprice the ticket as a one way, exchanging the ticket you already have and using the value of that against the one way journey but you’ll likely also pay the change fee/no show fee on the original ticket as in theory they are now changing that.. So depending on the fare you paid, it may or may not be worthwhile.
Originally Posted by Flame3601
Thanks for the help, called BA and also Kulula but sadly nothing can be done and the whole trip is fully voided and cancelled.
Like I said... Call center = one outcome. Airport - Different outcome.

People intentionally booking return tickets and skipping the first sector (not that I’m suggesting you have at all... but many do!) in order to obtain a cheaper fare is very different to someone innocently booking a return trip, plans change, they then take a train / other means of transport to the midpoint of the ticket and then turn up to the airport to use the return not realising about the using the tickets in sequence and no show cancellation rule... so discretion is used at the airport.

You wouldn’t just be able to pick up the last leg, but repricing the ticket as a one way at what is selling that day and exchanging the old ticket value is a way in which we would help those innocent mistakes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.