Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Air Nostrum flights not eligible to book with Avios?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2018, 3:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG

Trying to book an IBZ-PMI-LHR flight with the first leg on Air Nostrum with an IB flight number.
This shows up in the Avios availability calendar but tells you to call to book.
I just did and the agent kept telling me because it's on "another airline" (Iberia but operated Air Nostrum) this is not eligible for an avios booking and it's something they are aware of that's wrong?
I'm pretty sure I booked LHR-MAD-TNG avios bookings before where the last leg I presume was Air Nostrum?
Old Aug 11, 2018, 3:25 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
That is incorrect, Air Nostrum should be available, it's just the franchisee for Iberia, in a similar way to BACF (though admittedly the latter is 100% owned by BA and Nostrum is 0% owned by Iberia). I'm almost certain I have booked it online via BA.com, there may be a temporary glitch there. HUACA?

However the better and often cheaper idea is to use your IB+ account to book this sort of arrangement, transferring over the Avios if needed.
AAtticus likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 3:46 am
Original Poster

Thank you for the quick reply.
I am also very sure I booked Air Nostrum before with Avios.

I've called back and now the agent is saying it's because the the IBZ-PMI is economy and the PMI-LHR is Club Europe.
But again, even if I select economy flights it won't let me book online and tells you to call.
She then said that I had to book two separate tickets and recheck my bags. How is that even an option for the agent to suggest?
I had to even tell her there won't be any connection protection and the reply was "oh, yeah that's not good".
Old Aug 11, 2018, 3:52 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by AAtticus
She then said that I had to book two separate tickets and recheck my bags. How is that even an option for the agent to suggest?
I had to even tell her there won't be any connection protection and the reply was "oh, yeah that's not good".
And you do want to avoid a recheck since one advantage of PMI is that you can walk from gate to gate airside there and avoid going through security (though BA Golds and CE get fast track security there). If it was HBO I'd probably take the risk. Use a Gold Priority Reward to force a redemption on the direct IBZ service?
Old Aug 11, 2018, 4:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
And you do want to avoid a recheck since one advantage of PMI is that you can walk from gate to gate airside there and avoid going through security (though BA Golds and CE get fast track security there). If it was HBO I'd probably take the risk. Use a Gold Priority Reward to force a redemption on the direct IBZ service?
Thanks!
They were now able to block those seats and make a booking but had to send it over to head office to complete because of an issue with the taxes.
Gate to gate is always nice, didn't know this was an option in PMI.
I did mention the comment from the previous agent and she basically just told me "there must have been a reason for her to say that".
Old Aug 11, 2018, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by AAtticus
They were now able to block those seats and make a booking but had to send it over to head office to complete because of an issue with the taxes.
Gate to gate is always nice, didn't know this was an option in PMI.
The taxes issue may have been the problem all along, given the mix of domestic IB and international BA.

PMI is a good one for transfers, just don't follow the exit signs out to landside. If it is before October, the BA services leave from the A terminal (módulo), which has a Schengen emigration line with no fewer than 40 e-gates in both directions. They look different to the LHR e-gates but they are actually the same manufacturer and use the same logic, press the photo page down on the paten. You'll probably come into B terminal which is a small area of PMI. The best located lounge is handily located on the walkway between B and A, much nearer to B than A. It's on the lower level underneath and down from the last section of duty free shops Just look for the VIP sign.. Allow 10 minutes from Sala Valldemossa to the BA gate to cover the walk and passport control. 4 hour maximum lounge usage however.
AAtticus likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.