Wiki Posts
Search

SDC in Club Europe

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2018, 3:37 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Airprox
It's been this way since it started I think.
Thanks. No idea how I managed to get that wrong. Apologies.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
And the V2 / V3 is what should trigger the SDC logic in BA.com and the App, however it's best done via BA.com for TA bookings. The preamble of the fare basis notes generally mention SDC but this somehow drops off agents' screens if there is too much manipulation of a booking, but hopefully they are aware of V2 / V3 since that is always visible. If there was a Negotiated Fare there can be something like "/abc123" at the end of the fare basis, which typically modifies some conditions (eg allows refunds on unused bookings) which then complicate matters but usually SDC is still OK.
Well some reasonable guesses but i’d like to add a few corrections.

The V2/V3 fare basis is only part of what allows free change to work. There are also keywords in booking that identify the booking as being eligible for agents: the keyword says fares family -plus. There is also another keyword that the system uses to identify the booking as eligible.

To the second point in the fare rules there is no mention of free change on the day.

As agents we rely on an intranet page which gives us criteria to identify bookings eligible for free change on the day so ie shorthaul, baggage on ticket, v2/v3 and keywords.

You are half right in that the keywords can drop out after changes and reissues meaning it is harder to identify the booking as eligible and if free change is attempted may fail when trying to process. But it isnt the ‘fare basis notes dropping off the screen’ as you put it!
Old Aug 10, 2018, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by Krisz
No you can’t. It’s a tricky one. The problem is that the SDC bit of the ticket is not always in the published fare rules. Usually the ticket endorsement field has to have a certain parameter which should set the SDC on a ticket.
I would try to call BA on the 17th as soon as you can to try to do it. You might need to insist and push it a bit as some telephone agent not fully familiar with this.

My corp TA ticket has SDC on CE tickets (even on cheap I fares) so it is possible that yours have it too.

Try to call your TA and ask the endorsement field.
It isnt in published fare rules.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 11:11 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Anonba
To the second point in the fare rules there is no mention of free change on the day.
Many thanks for the clarifications there. I've had another look and on a random NCL-LHR fare I see in Notes 1 for basis VV2RO for travel on 12 September on BA1335:
NOTE - THE FOLLOWING TEXT IS INFORMATIONAL AND NOT
VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING.
BRITISH AIRWAYS PLUS FARE WITHIN UNITED KINGDOM
(my bolding)
Then further on:
  • OTHER CONDITIONS
    FARES GOVERNED BY THIS RULE MAY BELONG TO BRITISH
    AIRWAYS SEMI-FLEX FARE FAMILY FOR ELIGIBLE POINT-
    TO-POINT JOURNEYS. CONTACT BRITISH AIRWAYS FOR
    DETAILS.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Many thanks for the clarifications there. I've had another look and on a random NCL-LHR fare I see in Notes 1 for basis VV2RO for travel on 12 September on BA1335:
NOTE - THE FOLLOWING TEXT IS INFORMATIONAL AND NOT
VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING.
BRITISH AIRWAYS PLUS FARE WITHIN UNITED KINGDOM
(my bolding)
Then further on:
  • OTHER CONDITIONS
    FARES GOVERNED BY THIS RULE MAY BELONG TO BRITISH
    AIRWAYS SEMI-FLEX FARE FAMILY FOR ELIGIBLE POINT-
    TO-POINT JOURNEYS. CONTACT BRITISH AIRWAYS FOR
    DETAILS.
Yes i realise it shows its a plus fare my point is it does not specifically say that it allows free changes day if departure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.