Wiki Posts
Search

Opening times for T5 arrivals lounge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2018, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Opening times for T5 arrivals lounge

I recently got back from GIG and was hoping for (in desperate need of) a shower on arrival- it was always going to be tight given the arrival time of 13:10. We landed on schedule, but then had to wait for a gate, and then baggage delivery took over 30 minutes etc. Cut a long story short, I dashed up to the arrivals lounge at 13:50 and there was no one at the desks and it looked like they were packing up. Fair enough. My question is, is the 14:00 closing time a hard closing time (i.e. everyone gets kicked out by then) or is it a "last admissions" time (in which case I could say I was hard done by)? I presume the former. In which case, what, realistically, is the latest you can rock up there and get a shower? Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I could not find any thread.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 10:28 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The staff stop being paid a few minutes after 14:00 hrs, so usually they want everyone out by then. So I think something like 13:40 is the last realistic admission.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.