Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Very hard landing

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2018, 3:25 am

Overheard in the baggage hall in Spain after a flight Captained by the late Captain Brian Fogg,which suffered a firm landing." Foggy may have been the Captain, but Compo did the landing."
T8191 likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 3:46 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by rapidex
Overheard in the baggage hall in Spain after a flight Captained by the late Captain Brian Fogg,which suffered a firm landing." Foggy may have been the Captain, but Compo did the landing."
Saw similar from the twitter pilots the other day along the lines of Zippy and Bungle ;-)
Old Aug 10, 2018, 4:27 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by trooper
Passenger perception of a "hard" landing is probably as reliable as pax perception of "Severe" turbulence. In both cases it almost certainly does NOT reach the "Industry definition" of either.... That in no way trivialises their experience.... but I suspect it almost never leads to the inspections etc that would be required if literally true....
I tend to summarise this in my mind as "Most passengers have no idea how bad it could be."
Old Aug 10, 2018, 5:40 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by flatlander
If you have a hard landing (not just firm, but "hard" as defined by the aircraft manufacturer) don't you need to do an engineering inspection before takeoff? So if the aircraft left on time after the typical short-haul turnaround there can't have been a lot of engineering attention and so it wasn't considered a "hard" landing, merely firm.
Basically if you exceed a certain load factor during landing you will get a automatic load form print out, at which point there will be an engineering inspection required on the turnaround. I’ve never seen one myself (in thousands of hours on the 320 family), it really has to be very very hard to get one of them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.