Search

TPs while on honourary Gold

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2018, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
TPs while on honourary Gold

Hi All,
I was one of those fortunate enough to be granted an extra 2 years of Gold as I was caught up in the meltdown last year (amazingly fortunate as I flew on the last day and experienced only a 20 minute delay and no queues thanks to the Flyertalk 'secret' lift tip). I am just wondering if anyone knows what happens to ones current TP accumulation during this period? I assume they are just moot but any clarification happily received.

I plan on making the most of the next 15 months of Gold before it goes as I am unlikely to get it again after that and I have been thoroughly enjoying the perks over the last few years. There is nothing like the knowledge that something will disappear to make you appreciate it, even as the First lounge gets busier and dirtier etc etc - it focuses the mind to enjoy it! Will probably do the 100k bonus avios buy now to ensure I have a nice stock of them to use up for the next few months.

Happy flying!
Old Aug 5, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
AFAIK first year TPs are of little use unless they will get you to GGL or CR Card status. They do count towards Lifetime Gold. At collection year end they will reset to zero.

Second year TPs count in normal way towards gold renewal.
Tootall33 likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 10:55 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Your TPs will expire as normal on the last day of your membership year, then you’ll start again trying to reach 1500. Your Gold membership level, as you identify, will continue until the end of the extension.

If you’re categorically not going to reach that, and ignoring the possibility of accumulating lifetime TPs, you might as well spend the Avios you plan to buy because you’ll only drop back to Silver anyway at the end of your extension period.
Tootall33 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.