Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Pay As You Feel - The future of buy on board?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pay As You Feel - The future of buy on board?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2018, 5:38 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Make sure you ask to see the marmite bottle, and check the use by date on it.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
Make sure you ask to see the marmite bottle, and check the use by date on it.
Marmite has a use before date?*

*Before anyone says anything, to me Marmite is one of those things, like chilli sauce, that I perceive never to go off
TWCLAM likes this.

Last edited by Tiger_lily; Aug 6, 2018 at 10:41 am
Old Aug 6, 2018, 4:01 pm

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Yup....
Old Aug 7, 2018, 12:53 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily

Marmite has a use before date?*

*Before anyone says anything, to me Marmite is one of those things, like chilli sauce, that I perceive never to go off
I like you tend to view marmite as having an expiry date as its legally required to do so. When I read "person dies from OOD round of marmite soldiers" I may reconsider this view but doubtful until then
Old Aug 7, 2018, 1:30 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by TWCLAM
I like you tend to view marmite as having an expiry date as its legally required to do so. When I read "person dies from OOD round of marmite soldiers" I may reconsider this view but doubtful until then
Quite. I think Marmite has a ‘best before’ date rather than a ‘use by’ date.
rapidex and TWCLAM like this.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 1:57 am

Programs: BA Gold
Iberia offer 50% discount on the last flight of the day (back to Madrid) on short life foods. Maybe BA could do something similar?
Old Aug 7, 2018, 3:18 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Quite. I think Marmite has a ‘best before’ date rather than a ‘use by’ date.
This is what you get in the lounges. There may have been a best before date in that yellow area by the spinode but I'm darned if I can make it out, though I can see a batch number above. I have consumed the contents a few minutes ago, hopefully I will be around later.

Prospero, LondonAndy and TWCLAM like this.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 3:21 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
This image: https://www.sachetsandmore.com/wp-co...09/image8.jpeg shows a better-printed example, with a "B(est) B(efore)" date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.