Wiki Posts
Search

Avios: setting some goals

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2018, 3:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Avios: setting some goals

when I started doing much more traveling about a year ago, i was determined to reach silver status. Having lounge access appeared to be a great goal especially as i am at Heathrow at least 20 times a year. Then i noticed that even gold would be reachable, and i will gain the status in 7 weeks.

Allthough our company appeared to have a strikt travel policy they allow me to fly WT+ on longer flights and i fly CE in Europe as the price difference usually is not that high and in some cases even cheaper.

So besides reaching the various tiers, i also build up a lot of Avios. At first i thought about using these to upgrade longhaul flights, but finding availability is not the easiest part and i have absolutely no problems flying WT+.

So i was looking and searching for a goal to use the Avios.
while searching on FT to find a goal, i found one that would be a great way of spending Avios and put a new stamp on my bucket list.

i found that i can use 390.000 avios and 489€ to get a flight from Heatrow to Doha in first for two persons and then a connecting flight from Doha to Male in first. All flights on Qatar

For less then 250€ each i can fly in first, enjoying the excellent product of Qatar to Male. Enjoying champagne, great food and a two person bed in the plane.
Finding a cool Maladive resort to spend my 15th aniversery would not be to hard. Just need to figure out transport between Male airport and the resort, but i dont think that would be a to big issue.

what are your Avios goals?

Last edited by Seraglio; Aug 5, 2018 at 3:30 am
Old Aug 5, 2018, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Seraglio
I found that I can use 390.000 avios and 489€ to get a flight from Heatrow to Doha in first for two persons and then a connecting flight from Doha to Male in first. All flights on Qantas.

For less then 250€ each I can fly in first, enjoying the excellent product of Qantas to Male. Enjoying champagne, great food and a two person bed in the plane.

Finding a cool Maladive resort to spend my 15th anniversary would not be to hard. Just need to figure out transport between Male airport and the resort, but I don't think that would be a to big issue.
While Qantas flights in first class to MLE would be good, flights on Qatar airline would be even better ^

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velana...tional_Airport
Seraglio likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 3:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
While Qantas flights in first class to MLE would be good, flights on Qatar airline would be even better ^

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velana...tional_Airport
i will change it as i actually ment Qatar. Thanks for pointing this out to me.
Mwenenzi likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 3:36 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
and I dont think QR do First, although the Qsuites J might qualify as better than some OneWorld F!
Seraglio likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 3:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wanderingjock
and I dont think QR do First, although the Qsuites J might qualify as better than some OneWorld F!
The tickets are 185.000 avios and 245€ and are Qsuites J as far as i could see.
still need about 250.000 avios to reach the necessary avios.

wanderingjock likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 3:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by wanderingjock
QR actually do have a first class cabin, but only on their A380 - which means that it's only on a handful of routes (LHR, CDG, BKK, CAN, MEL, SYD?, PER?)

They also no longer release F award seats on the LHR route, so flying Qatar F to Male doesn't work with Avios... QR J is great though!
Old Aug 5, 2018, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Seraglio
<big snip>

what are your Avios goals?
These days its having 275,000 for a 2-4-1 in J to CPT every December. The GBP 1,000 in T&F is of little consequence, when a single J r/t ticket is around GBP 4,000

Fortunately we earn more than enough Avios in our travels, and in general Amex spend over the year, to meet that annual requirement.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 5:31 am
Suspended

Summer school holiday 2019 peak redemption opportunities will start appearing soon, they'd be worth booking if you have to holiday at that period.
T8191 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.