Wiki Posts
Search

LCY Y is pretty much as good as LHR CE!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2018, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
LCY Y is pretty much as good as LHR CE!

Hi guys just to say that one of my best ever BA flights in the past few years was the JMK-LCY. The E190 is for me more comfortable than the A320 and I really like the 2-2 configuration so no middle seat. The 2 cabin crew members were very professional and they even left drinks in the galley for people to take while they were busy dealing with the CE cabin. The chicken meal was nice and fresh and I had extra cheese with my coke when I asked for it after I finished my meal. I had some red wine as well and some tomato juice, orange juice, apple juice and water. All of this would have cost at least 20 GBP with the buy on board. A huge change from the starvation style LHR flight when they didn’t even have water in the galley. It’s like I flew a different airline!
Old Jul 30, 2018, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
...It’s like I flew a different airline!
You did didn't you?

Glad you enjoyed the extra service. I don't think BOB will ever make it to LCY.
Cerebrito likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 2:26 pm

Programs: BA, JAL
I agree - I travelled AMS-LCY and the crew were great. I liked the novelty of the food and wine.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 2:35 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Couldn't agree more. Flew PRG-LCY a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. Thought to myself if all BA flights were like this, I'd book a few longhaul trips with them, alas not much chance of that as it stands. So many other options with a better experience.

Love the LCY jets too!
mpkz likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 2:38 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
I havent done anything further than FRA or EDI ex LCY in Y. chicken meal and cheese suggests it was proper food - not just a wrap or so? hot or cold? all in ET?
Old Jul 30, 2018, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chris1979
I havent done anything further than FRA or EDI ex LCY in Y. chicken meal and cheese suggests it was proper food - not just a wrap or so? hot or cold? all in ET?

this is what I had on the flight (not including water and 3 different types of juices)

the cheese in the other picture was the 2nd one I had. I refused to pay crazy prices for food at JMK so boarded quite hungry. BA starved me on the outbound LHR-JMK so I had to make it up
Old Jul 30, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
BA Cityflyer is a great little airline. So glad they took over the Orly route from mainline. So now I have a choice between CJ and AF when flying to London. Nice breakfast and great drinks the rest of the day. Plus those embraers are so comfortable! Was just wondering who is the catering company for CJ? I am sure it is not the same as mainline before the nasty « great selection of M&S food » era. They have always had a superior product to mainline.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 3:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
I love the E190 very spacious and I’m flying back to LCY in CE in Sept from AGP a bit concerning to see 38CE seats at this stage,

Conversely I was reading today that on Friday a hot day 14pax were offloaded from the IBZ flight due to weight restrictions and the weather. I can imagine thst not being a great start to your holiday but the LCY team can usually reticket and issue hotel and taxi vouchers and EU261 cards pretty quickly.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 4:01 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
CityFlyer catering is by Newrest.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 1:02 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
On the comfort side, there is a huge difference between the E190 (excellent) and the E170 (awful legroom). I think there is some minimal crew numbers once 100+ passengers are onboard, resulting in the E190 aiming for 98 (which is also the reason seats 1C/D are missing - giving enormous legroom for 2C/D).

No such problems on the smaller E170 - so BA put in as many seats as they can get away with, resulting in a fairly cramped feeling, especially if the seat next to you is occupied. For Club, as BA don't block the neighbouring seat on the Embraers, Club-E170 is usually the worst business product BA offers.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 1:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by LCY8737
... Club-E170 is usually the worst business product BA offers.
That accolade goes to CW.
At least with the E170 you aren’t going far at all and you’ll soon be stretching your legs again.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 2:33 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Funny isn't it. One person did a very good comparison between QF and BA and another doesnt; like it at all. As for the E170, my husband is 6ft and has no problem with the leg room. We have flown this several times coming to and fro DUB.

That aside, I am minded of the Franchise arrangement with GB Airways back in the day. On the surface they looked alike, but it was a far more pleasant product.

One question, I had not realised that there was a non-stop to Mykonos from LCY. That requires quite a lot of fuel - Do they load less passengers do you think?
argonath likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
One question, I had not realised that there was a non-stop to Mykonos from LCY. That requires quite a lot of fuel - Do they load less passengers do you think?
Yes, they are payload limited. I think that some figures were given in another thread discussing this OP's trip, but it was also said that if weather conditions are unfavourable on the day, you can get tipped off the flight at short notice to keep weights and performance within limits.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 2:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Funny isn't it. One person did a very good comparison between QF and BA and another doesnt; like it at all. As for the E170, my husband is 6ft and has no problem with the leg room. We have flown this several times coming to and fro DUB.

That aside, I am minded of the Franchise arrangement with GB Airways back in the day. On the surface they looked alike, but it was a far more pleasant product.

in previous threads they said 80 outbound and 89 inbound ? The flight was sold out online and there probably were around 90 passengers on board. Mind you, the headwinds were quite strong in JMK that day and the temperature was reasonable at 28c. We took off with a decent amount of runway to spare and the pilots did not floor the throttle before even releasing the brakes like some do on short runways!

i would love to do this flight out of LCY and may do so for my next year Mykonos trip.

sorry to say but I couldn’t stand the LHR-JMK flight it was so miserable with the BOB and the A320 in Y. It was a morning flight and you used to have a full English on such routes! I had to make do with sushi from itsu or buying a sandwich I don’t even like onboard.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 2:43 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
I was gutted when they axed MAD from the list - especially on the way back where I could land just after 8am and be in the London office by 9am.

The only downside is when French ATC are on strike and the re-routing options essentially see you trekking back to LHR or waiting it out in a tiny airport with no lounge. But when it's all working LCY is a great little airport and fully agree on those 190s. As someone not overly tall, it's a great ride...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.