Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LCY Y is pretty much as good as LHR CE!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2018, 7:50 am
Suspended

Does EF do something differently on the last day of the month? Is it notifying a software upgrade or maintenance issue?
Old Jul 31, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
No idea
Old Jul 31, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: BAEC , M&M , VIRGIN FC , FLYING BLUE
as someone who has not flown BA with the exception of LCY for some time I have to say LCY and the E190 will always be something I will consider very favourably ---- never had what I would call bad service and always felt more comfortable than on airbus 320s or 321s

only one of my last 5 flights have been with BA on a E190 but here is how I rate the comfort and space of those 5 flights
1 BA E190
2 SAS CRJ-900
3 DAT ATR/42/72
4 SAS BOEING 737
5 SAS AIRBUS 321

Others may disagree
Old Jul 31, 2018, 10:20 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Grande Annee
I did send EF an email, and they came back saying BA needs to fix the issue
That's pretty much the EF stock response to support questions IME.
Grande Annee likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 3:18 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by richardwft

Yes, a route change mistake. You are referring to the original Madrid night stopper flight. It left LCY at 18.40 for Madrid, night stopped and returned to LCY in the morning. They changed this to a twice daily non night stopping service and the loads were poor so they axed the route. Perhaps consider bringing back the night stopping flight.

Yup that was the one.

Allowed for a whole day in the office in London, then head to the airport late afternoon, dinner on board and in the office in Madrid the next morning. And on the way back an early start (but not disastrous in that airport) and then able to be straight back into the office in London on arrival.

So I could do a reasonably efficient trip in either one night or a couple of nights (if needed) and my Madrid colleagues could even do it as a day trip to London and back if they wanted, or an even more efficient one nighter, which seemed to be a popular choice for those with young families etc.

I don't know how the CF crews saw the nightstop - I imagine it's as good a town as any to nightstop in. Insight appreciated if any CF people lurk / post here.
FlyerTalker39574 likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 3:33 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Grande Annee
For some unknown reason Expertflyer are not showing these flights LCY JMK LCY on some dates in August
Good. It's not me. I had this issue last week with flights from ALC. What was interesting was that others reported similar problems. What is so ridiculous is that this could potentially affect sales which are the life blood of any airline.
Grande Annee likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 4:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
...could potentially affect sales which are the life blood of any airline.
There are IT weaknesses that may affect sales and revenues that seem to be ignored. It appears to be much more important to squeeze in a few extra seats on an A32X and sell one extra cup of tea.
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 5:08 am

I got too concerned looking at that wobbly little plastic beaker full of coke balanced on a Macbook to read the rest of the thread!
stewardo and choosethedrew like this.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 5:33 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
The 170s have a bit more legroom for Club passengers; further back the seat spacing is a little uneven and haphazard so it’s a bit of a lottery. Also note the last row does not recline.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
It seems LCY JMK flights are now showing again on EF
FlyerTalker39574 likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 1:31 pm

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by 07L 25R
Very pleased that one of my upcoming flights seems to have been switched from an E170 at the time of booking to an E190. Very strangely, when I noticed it, seats 1A/B and 2C/D were still available, but some of rows 3 and 4 have been taken. Fingers crossed it doesn't get switched back to the E170.
2C/D are the best seats you can get on a short haul aircraft. Just be careful, there is one frame out there with the reverse seat map (there is 1C/D and 1A/B is missing).
Old Aug 1, 2018, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by LCY8737
2C/D are the best seats you can get on a short haul aircraft. Just be careful, there is one frame out there with the reverse seat map (there is 1C/D and 1A/B is missing).
On the E190 every seat appeared nice!
Old Aug 1, 2018, 1:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Does KEF have the same catering as JMK?
Old Aug 2, 2018, 2:38 pm

Had a similarly gratifying experience in Y flying into LCY from GVA. A combination of a high J load, light Y load, and FLY's seat blocking for GCHs meant that I (and a handful of other GCHs) had two seats each at the front of the Y cabin, with every seat in J taken. And no CE catering had been loaded at LCY so ET and CE all got the same drink/snack offering!
ahmetdouas likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 7:20 am

Programs: Tesco Clubcard, Heathrow Rewards, M&S Sparks, Caffè Nero, HSBC rewards... BAEC defector
Originally Posted by LCY8737
Thanks! Let's hope it doesn't switch onto that frame then. Luckily the seat map on my flight still showing 1A/B as available. My question is still why no one is interested in them

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.