Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What lounge can I use in PVG when flying BA first?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2018, 10:01 pm
Original Poster

Hi does anyone know what lounges are open when flying BA first from PVG in shanghai?
If so, whats the quality like?

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 29, 2018, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Check the lounge database in the dash board
Old Jul 29, 2018, 11:20 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, BA oik, TK pleb, EY Hoi Polloi
And seeing as you're still relatively new here, for China, it can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...east-asia.html

I've used the Plaza Premium near Gate 77 before with Priority Pass. It's on the upper level and a bit better than the terminal downstairs, but it's not got walls so the general hustle and bustle of the terminal is audiable. The food was good, chefs there cooking some dishes to order - dim sum was available too which I'd reccommend. The drinks selection was what I'd call low-end premium brands on a small table (e.g. Gordons/Beefeater Gin, Jim Beam/Jack Daniels Whiskey) but it was self-serve. It's quite a narrow lounge width-wise but went on for ever length-wise, plenty of different sections to use with varied seating, some for solo travellers, others for groups. The guide says it has showers and the CX one doesn't but I didn't try them out. Perfectly adequate lounge, not poor, not fantastic either.

I would imagine the CX lounge near Gate 68 would be better overall, but have no experience of it, sorry. Loungebuddy is my go-to resource on what lounge to pick when going through which airport, and can be found on the iPhone appstore. (But not Android to my knowledge)
Old Jul 30, 2018, 1:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
The last thing you want to do is get excited about any lounge at PVG!

EK is OK but barring that.....
Old Jul 30, 2018, 2:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ESFLYER95
The last thing you want to do is get excited about any lounge at PVG!

EK is OK but barring that.....
Haha don't worry! There's nothing that I want more is to get out of mainland china at the moment!
ESFLYER95 likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 3:12 am

Programs: BA (Gold)
Last time I was through PVG the security queues were long and the small CX lounge was a welcome refuge after that. Very much an outstation lounge and, though pleasant enough, is nothing to look forward to. It is quiet though and you get a nice view of the roof architecture. Wi-fi was bust last time I was there. Grab a coffee/beer depending on time of day and board early!

Regards

PR
Old Jul 30, 2018, 3:14 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I know both lounges, and personally I would prefer the Cathay lounge, though it's not at (e.g.) the LHR standard, the food standard is based on regional standards. It is however larger than it looks on entry, turn a corner and it's quite a reasonable size, and it is a comfortable lounge.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 4:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by PorcoRosso
Last time I was through PVG the security queues were long and the small CX lounge was a welcome refuge after that. Very much an outstation lounge and, though pleasant enough, is nothing to look forward to. It is quiet though and you get a nice view of the roof architecture. Wi-fi was bust last time I was there. Grab a coffee/beer depending on time of day and board early!

Regards

PR
​​​​​​My sop is to go there as late as possible, and also board as late as possible. I will admit echannel comes in handy though.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 7:31 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze :-(, United, Virgin, Starwood, Marriott
Any updates post pandemic?

I notice that all these reviews were for pre 2020. Anybody had recent experience of F lounges in PVG ( I am also flying BA back to LHR)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.