Community
Wiki Posts
Search

241 Question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2018, 5:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Honors Diamond,Amex Platinum
241 Question

So, we have an open jaw 241 booking departing 06/08/18 LGW-FLL then a bunch of internal flights leading to the inbound sector BOS-LHR. There are x3 PAX travelling on Mr GB's 241 voucher on our household account.

Sadly, a family illness has meant my husband is caught indefinitely in Wales. I called BA yesterday to explain and ask them to split Mr GB onto a separate PNR which he can then change if necessary, allowing myself and my son to travel on the 6th, as planned. This is fine, but as the 241 was my husband's I asked them to change the voucher to one of my own instead as I know that the owner of the voucher has to travel. BA said 'no' to this, stating that the only way it could be done, which I had suspected, was to cancel the booking and re-book using my voucher. This is too scary for me as I have seen occasions where the redemption seats aren't released back into the inventory and then we'd essentially be 'b******d'.

My question are these:

a) as we get closer to the time, but outside of the 24 hour window, would we be able to cancel my husband travelling on the outbound sector, keeping the inbound intact - or would they not allow that as he'd not be travelling one of the two sectors of the 2-4-1?

b) If Mr GB was a no-show at LGW on the 6th, I know they'd cancel down his inbound sector, but as, technically, we have paid enough Avios for x2 seats would they allow us to travel without him?

This is a complex situation and I'm trying to find a way to give Mr GB some flexibility without sacrificing mine and our son's trip.

Any advice, gladly received.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 5:44 am

Programs: BA Silver
Voucher holder must always travel, though I don’t know if in practice the system is sophisticated enough to offload the already checked-in companion when the voucher holder no shows.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.