Wiki Posts
Search

Tier Point Expiry

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2018, 3:53 am
Original Poster

Tier Point Expiry

Hi
I apologise if this question has been asked before. My tier points are due to expire beginning of August 2018 with card expiring 30th September. I have a Club class flight booked for 6th September to NYC plus other flights later in the year. What are the possibilities BA would extend the 8th August deadline? Thank you in advance.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 4:02 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by lovetoholiday
Hi
I apologise if this question has been asked before. My tier points are due to expire beginning of August 2018 with card expiring 30th September. I have a Club class flight booked for 6th September to NYC plus other flights later in the year. What are the possibilities BA would extend the 8th August deadline? Thank you in advance.
So your TP year ends on 8th August. BA will allow TPs earned in the following 2 weeks to be credited to the previous year. I have never heard of any extension longer than that.

So your flight on Sep 6th will credit to your new TP year.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 4:02 am

Programs: BA Silver
A 2 week extension is routinely given on request.

As you want a month, I guess you can ask nicely and hope. BA staff have been encouraged to use discretion recently so you never know.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 4:47 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by lovetoholiday
Hi
Might a request be dependent on what colour status you currently hold? i.e. if already gold they may be more willing to allow you to keep it for another 12 months then if you're only a lowly bronze.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 5:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by fruitcage
A 2 week extension is routinely given on request.

Only for the purpose of renewing status though, not for any other reason including getting GUFs or convenience.

What the OP is asking for is not possible and there is no point asking BA - they won't allow TPs from nearly a month post anniversary date to be credited to the previous year for any reason.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 5:51 am

The two week extension is for renewing or achieving status.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
Only for the purpose of renewing status though, not for any other reason including getting GUFs or convenience
Will a GUF apply for a flight departing on the last day (8th) and posting a few days later?
Old Jul 25, 2018, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by HarryHolden68
Will a GUF apply for a flight departing on the last day (8th) and posting a few days later?
Yes. It does not matter when it posts, it only matters when if the flight occurred the 8th or earlier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.