Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T5 check-in for OWE w/parents(no status)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2018, 6:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX GO, BA Gold, OZ*G, IHG Spire RA
T5 check-in for OWE w/parents(no status)

Hi BA and T5 experts. Since moving to London, and flying BA more often, I've been enjoying lurking on this forum. I have a question I was hoping to get some guidance on.

My wife (CX OWS) and I (CX OWE) will be traveling LHR>EFL from T5 with my two parents (no status). We will each have one checked bag and all the tickets are on one booking.

Will my parents be allowed to use Fast Track security?
I was thinking about going with my wife to the F Wing, checking in all the bags there, and then going through security (Fast Track) together with my parents. Thoughts? Unfortunately I'm quite sure we will not be all allowed into the F wing/lounge. The J lounges will still be a treat for my folks.

To slightly complicate matters, I'm planning to switch to the BA program before some QR J flights to Asia in a couple weeks but might only be Silver by the time this trip to Greece happens so I'm planning to keep this booking under my CX FF# until the last minute (check in).

I appreciate your advice and look forward to being more active on this forum.

Cheers

Last edited by DieselYVR; Jul 24, 2018 at 7:24 am
Old Jul 24, 2018, 7:21 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
That should be fine. I doubt the staff at the first wing check in entrance will stop you but if they do, just tell them what you said above. So you can check in the parents at the first wing too.

There don't seem to be any detailed checks at the entrance to the first wing, they rarely ask me for my travel class or status as I say hello. The detailed eligibility check is past the check in desks before the security.

You can in practice bring several people with you through the fast track, even if they have no status. Only the lounge entry is strictly policed.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 7:59 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You should be fine for check-in in the First check-in area so long as you are Emerald somewhere or other, though by all means use any other check-in desk open that you see en route, I don't see any added advantage in schlepping past available desks. No issue with guests there.

For Fast Track security in (presumably) South, yes, you are allowed on guest each, so that means you're OK. If you are travelling CE then they can use Fast Track anyway. You can't use the First Wing security since you only have one guest for Gold, unless GGL. But you can both guest in Galleries Club.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 7:59 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Yes but Fast Track and Lounge Entry is effectively the same check from The First Wing - so in practice the OP won’t be able to use The First Wing Fast Track security.

The OP will need to check in at The First Wing and then use South Fast track security.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 10:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
I would think it would just be easier to use Club/Biz check-in and South fast track security for all of you. I have the feeling that since the First Wing opened, the reduced number of people going through south fast track makes it a breeze to use. But that is admittedly based on limited experience since I am usually on AA out of T3 to the US and only use T5 south when I have to overnight in London on the way back to Croatia.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX GO, BA Gold, OZ*G, IHG Spire RA
Thanks everyone. I figured we couldn't use the F Wing security because of the lounge restriction. If I see other desks open we will just head there.

Cheers
mario likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 12:04 pm

Programs: Accor, BA Exec, Lidl gold card
Heathrow have just added the opportunity to purchase fast track security access (not First Class/VS lanes though). It's currently quoting 12.50 per person via their website

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.