Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Warsaw moved to T5?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2018, 3:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Since krk and gla go from t5, I occasionally liked to take a waw flight just to do/see something different. So slightly disappointed at waw moving.

Cws in Warsaw... Hmmm maybe time for a mini do there!!
Old Jul 21, 2018, 4:24 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by BApilotinsider
Warsaw. Once you get to know it, one of Europe’s most interesting cities. Well worth a weekend trip and very good value when you get there. (Hotels in particular)
Do you think so? Now it's my turn to be surprised.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 4:57 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Do you think so? Now it's my turn to be surprised.
Let us when and I am sure a few WAW- based Flertalkers (including myself) will be glad to show our city to The BA Fotum Legend
Old Jul 21, 2018, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by TPJ
Let us when and I am sure a few WAW- based Flertalkers (including myself) will be glad to show our city to The BA Fotum Legend
Darling - I have seen the city about 5 years ago. I stayed at the Intercontinental right on the main square - and I was much impressed by the Old City. I went out on the Saturday night to a restaurant about 15 mins walk away in heels ( 10 mins otherwise). I danced with a Polish Electrician who was celebrating his 40th Birthday and the tune of Boyz singing Szalona haunts me still. The Electrician's command of English extended to saying Hell with another word in front. I cannot quite remember which it was. The Vodka flowed and I was afraid that Him Indoors had said something regrettable when Mr Sparks uttered his other expression was "You are my gift from Heaven" ( I am not making this up)

Now this has nothing to do with anthing to do with BA - but I did fly there with them and in CEas (I appear to have had my brain washed according to another thread which demolishes Him Indoors assertion that I have a filthy mind) from T3 which I do not particularly like.

Please show me your city next time.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Mr Sparks uttered his other expression was "You are my gift from Heaven" ( I am not making this up)
Should’ve gone to Specsavers.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 9:40 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
Since krk and gla go from t5, I occasionally liked to take a waw flight just to do/see something different. So slightly disappointed at waw moving.

Cws in Warsaw... Hmmm maybe time for a mini do there!!
If anyone organises a mini do in WAW (or another Polish city) then it might be worth dropping a message in the LH/LO forum as some of us who are more active there could possibly join you - BAEC vs LH/LO (Fight! Fight! Fight!)

We had a mini do in GDN last weekend (mostly LO flyers) - I think I got horribly drunk if my memory serves me well (it started with us doing shots of Zubrowka Biala in the WAW lounge while we waited for the brand new 7M8 to take us to GDN - for VIP flyers obviously!).
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 9:46 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Darling - I have seen the city about 5 years ago. I stayed at the Intercontinental right on the main square - and I was much impressed by the Old City. I went out on the Saturday night to a restaurant about 15 mins walk away in heels ( 10 mins otherwise). I danced with a Polish Electrician who was celebrating his 40th Birthday and the tune of Boyz singing Szalona haunts me still. The Electrician's command of English extended to saying Hell with another word in front. I cannot quite remember which it was. The Vodka flowed and I was afraid that Him Indoors had said something regrettable when Mr Sparks uttered his other expression was "You are my gift from Heaven" ( I am not making this up)

Now this has nothing to do with anthing to do with BA - but I did fly there with them and in CEas (I appear to have had my brain washed according to another thread which demolishes Him Indoors assertion that I have a filthy mind) from T3 which I do not particularly like.

Nice story. Next time you're in Warsaw check out the Raffles Hotel (the former Hotel Europejski). I think you'd like the Long Bar (they do several types of Singapore Sling). If it's not to your taste you can just swan across the royal road to the Hotel Bristol.

I hope your Polish electrician told you he was 'High Voltage' (wysoki napięcie) certified. That's the kind of thing Polish electricians boast about!
Old Jul 21, 2018, 9:58 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador

PUCCI-darling, you seem very confident that TPJ isn’t a 45 year old Polish electrician with a now somewhat expanded vocabulary thanks to being in your company for a few hours ...
Old Jul 21, 2018, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by yurtripper
I think I got horribly drunk if my memory serves me well
I blame it all on that first bottle of wine (mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa).

G

yurtripper likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 3:58 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
As a regular on WAW flight I'm disappointed with the move yo T5... T3 has much better lounge offering and is just short bus ride away for me. T5 will require an Uber drive... #firstworldproblems
On the other hand - if this move saves WAW from neos, that I'm ok with it!
Old Jul 22, 2018, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
Like others here I was somewhat surprised by your opinion - particularly as it relates to the LHR T3 lounges situation
In fairness, whilst GCH who fly somewhere on a point-to-point basis will understandably prefer to leave from T3, anyone connecting will typically be a lot happier having their main route into T5 (bar a very idiosyncratic pattern like "only" connecting to CPT, etc!). O/D CCR cardholders will also likely prefer T5 because First wing+CCR is a better combined airport proposition than T3 fast track+CX F lounge (which I like a lot).
Old Jul 22, 2018, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
PUCCI-darling, you seem very confident that TPJ isn’t a 45 year old Polish electrician with a now somewhat expanded vocabulary thanks to being in your company for a few hours ...
After you've had Phil the Flyer and his his idea of chat-up lnes, a Polish Port will do nicely thank you.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer

Should’ve gone to Specsavers.
I have a problem with my eyes as well. I can't see you going anywhere with me.

Uncle T will sort you - you just wait - he's my Night in Shining Ardour - and I bet that his Exec card sparkles more than yours'
Old Jul 22, 2018, 8:58 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by BApilotinsider
Warsaw. Once you get to know it, one of Europe’s most interesting cities. Well worth a weekend trip and very good value when you get there. (Hotels in particular)
Yes. I got great value suite in the Sofitel, close to the tomb of the unknown soldier. I'm talking less than £100 a night for a suite.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 2:43 am

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome . Whilst I quite agree that Cathay lounge is much better than BA I must confess I quite like BA's bacon rolls for breakfast (I am a regular on the morning WAW service) and I don't drink alco for breakfast so BA becomes quite tolerable . T5 is a tad quicker for me to get to (and cheaper) and even 15-20 mins at this time of the day matters - hence my opinion .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.