Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Is it just me or is the website not working?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2018, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott GOLD, Accor Club Gold

Having had a bit of an emergency, I'm needing to book several flights as a matter of considerable urgency. And whatever browser I try and use, ba.com is just not producing fares for me. I can go through constructing an itinerary, etc... but when it comes to the point when a fare should show it crashes or says it is too busy, etc etc. This could not happen at a worse moment in an already bad week!
Old Jul 18, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
If it's urgent and you know what you want to book, I wonder whether picking up the phone would be the quickest solution, regardless of the frustrations which we all sometimes have with ba.com?

I booked a ticket on the phone yesterday morning, and the wait time was very short - perhaps about 60 seconds after I'd made all the menu selections.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 12:05 pm

Programs: BA Blue :(
I'm having problems with MMB giving an error that it's either too busy or there has been an error and to contact BA or my travel agent. I'm trying check flights booked through work too!
Old Jul 18, 2018, 12:09 pm

Am sat at Stuttgart waiting to leave for London. Whole BA computer system apparently down meaning they can’t get the loading paperwork printed so we are sat here indefinitely. Whole network affected apparently 🤬🤬
Old Jul 18, 2018, 12:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Yep, I couldn't check in for my flight tomorrow over the last half an hour. Looks like something is up.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 12:21 pm

Programs: BAEC
Currently awaiting departure on BA798 at LHR, captain has confirmed fly is down. They say they’re trying to do the calculations for loading etc manually in order to depart - but looks like a significant outage.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I've been trying to make a booking for the past half an hour, after selecting the flights it hangs on "give us a moment we're getting the price" then goes to the old format web page where if I enter the search again it says:

Error

• We're sorry, but ba.com is very busy at the moment, and couldn't deal with your request. Please do try again - if it still doesn't work, it may be better to try again at another time.
I've tried 2 different browsers, luckily my booking isn't urgent.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 12:35 pm

Programs: Status with BA Exec Club; KrisFlyer; Hilton Honors; IHG One; Marriott Bonvoy
FLY system down 18 July

I can’t book or search flights online. Nip over to FT to find reports of a FLY outage. :-(
Old Jul 18, 2018, 12:35 pm

I am trying to book flights using Avios and keep getting the Error message but if I try and book with cash hey presto it lets me. Is it a ploy to stop us using Avios.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 12:48 pm

Programs: BA Blue :(
BA Twitter advising that OLCI is currently down and there are system issues:

Old Jul 18, 2018, 12:50 pm

Programs: Mucci des Ancients Matelots
In Dublin, waiting for the city flight. Staff here confirmed FLY is down. Who knows how long we'll be waiting...
Old Jul 18, 2018, 1:03 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
The queues are snaking around LHR T5 and Galleries South at the moment with all the cancellations and delays. Fire alarm and FLY down on the same day is not a good combo.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 1:09 pm

Programs: Mucci des Ancients Matelots
Just been told we'll be boarding in 5 - 10 mins. Hopefully accurate.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 1:14 pm

Programs: BAEC
798 Is moving - looks like they got a printout with the information needed. Have to praise the crew but it’s another example of them being unsupported by the terrible IT.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 1:14 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA LTG, Hilton Diamond, FB Platinum, EK Gold
Yep, been sitting on board BA442 to AMS now for more than 2 hours. Just heard that Fly should come back online now so hopefully things will improve.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.