Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Multi pax booking with different origin airports

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2018, 1:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold - so flying too much again... plus AA, LX, VS and too many hotel programmes to mention

Quick question...
3 of are going to Canada.
2 of us will fly direct LHR-YYZ, WT+
1 will fly EDI-LHR-YYZ, Y then WT+
i.e. we will all be on the same longhaul sector but one of us has a connection first

Is there an online way of having everyone in the same booking so that I can do seat selection for the whole party?
Or do I just need to call BA?

Thanks in advance

[EDIT: I have Gold card, pax 2 & 3 have Bronze and Blue respectively]

Last edited by FlyingDentist; Jul 18, 2018 at 3:24 am
Old Jul 18, 2018, 1:32 am

No way at all of having in the same booking.
Youll need to call BA to make the ‘TCP’ note and seating request manually.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
To clarify, by saying non way at all’, Lddn1 means neither online nor offline. TCP will give manual cross references which will likely be ignored in case of irrop so don’t expect to be put on the same alternative flights if seats are scarce, and for future readers coming here through a search, note that extension of seating privilege to the separate booking is only for GCH and above (ie nothing for bronze or silver)
FlyingDentist likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 3:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold - so flying too much again... plus AA, LX, VS and too many hotel programmes to mention
Thank you! Very helpful!

Footnote: I booked the LHR-YYZ and EDI-LHR-YYZ tickets separately while logged in to me EC account. No issues in adding the third person to my EC account and choosing seats for them.
I wonder if Lddn1 is referring to bookings paid for by different people?

Last edited by FlyingDentist; Jul 18, 2018 at 4:06 am
Old Jul 18, 2018, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by FlyingDentist
Thank you! Very helpful!

Footnote: I booked the LHR-YYZ and EDI-LHR-YYZ tickets separately while logged in to me EC account. No issues in adding the third person to my EC account and choosing seats for them.
I wonder if Lddn1 is referring to bookings paid for by different people?
That’s either (i) a mistake somewhere, or (ii) is the person on the separate booking the bronze and it’s within 7 days? or (iii) is it booked into the W fare bucket?

Basically the person on the separate booking should not have free seat selection by virtue of you having booked for them, unless for some reason the system thinks you are actually the passenger on that booking. Do you have the same surname?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.