Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Using Lloyds Upgrade Voucher - Avios.com or BA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using Lloyds Upgrade Voucher - Avios.com or BA

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2019, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Yes, yes and yes. They'll reopen your account, transfer the Avios in, then close the account.
RG1X likes this.
Old May 22, 2019, 2:15 am

Has anybody tried to use the Lloyds Avios Companion Voucher on LCY flights recently?

TCs states this isn’t possible, but I wonder if I call BA they might do it...?

(Note the above question is for Lloyds Companion voucher not for Amex 241 or Lloyds Upgrade voucher)
Old May 22, 2019, 3:17 am

The last time I did it was online, when it showed as an option.

You might get it under the the radar if you call and say that you’re looking for a morning flight from London - any London airport - to JFK etc.

Palmer
Old May 22, 2019, 4:40 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
The T&Cs excluded LCY, but flights to JFK were allowed, maybe as they are considered BA main line?

UPGRADE VOUCHERS CAN BE USED TO UPGRADE EITHER 2 ONE WAY FLIGHTS FOR 2 PEOPLE TRAVELLING AT THE SAME TIME AND TO THE SAME DESTINATION OR 1 RETURN JOURNEY BOOKED ON A BRITISH AIRWAYS MAIN LINE SERVICE, EXCLUDING FLIGHTS FROM LONDON CITY AIRPORT.
Old May 22, 2019, 5:08 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
how does the upgrade voucher works for connecting flights - i want to book my sister on EDI-LHR-BCN return, but website doesnt offer it with the voucher.
Old May 22, 2019, 5:22 am

Programs: QRPC Plat; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold
can it even be used for 3rd parties? I tried booking someone else and agent referred me to T&Cs saying only cardholder can fly a return journey unless used for 2 people oneway
Old May 22, 2019, 7:55 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
how does the upgrade voucher works for connecting flights - i want to book my sister on EDI-LHR-BCN return, but website doesnt offer it with the voucher.
Looks like it doesn't. Searching EDI-BCN for random date shows Economy @ 10,500 and Business @ 20,500 despite at the top of the results gleefully stating 'Your voucher has been applied successfully'
Old May 22, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by salehir
can it even be used for 3rd parties? I tried booking someone else and agent referred me to T&Cs saying only cardholder can fly a return journey unless used for 2 people oneway
You might find that the avios.com site has a more liberal interpretation of the T's and C's
Old May 22, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: OWS, *A G
Originally Posted by notakeenflyer
You might find that the avios.com site has a more liberal interpretation of the T's and C's
I have booked flights for my mother both using my wife's voucher and one in my name. I didn't even know this was against Ts&Cs. lol.
Old May 23, 2019, 5:35 am

Programs: QRPC Plat; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by zat_dude
I have booked flights for my mother both using my wife's voucher and one in my name. I didn't even know this was against Ts&Cs. lol.
Originally Posted by notakeenflyer
called twice and both times been told cardholder has to be travelling.. maybe previously you could just book on the website but agents don't allow it unfortunately
Old Jun 7, 2019, 12:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Just ran into a bit of a problem using these upgrade vouchers.
i called lat month and booked outbound flights to US. I specifically asked if I could add return flights and use a second voucher when those award flights were released by BA. Had this confirmed and agent confirmed she had added this to notes.
i called yesterday to add the return flights which are now available, to be told they can’t amend existing booking since it now belongs to BA and that all they can do is make new booking using second voucher. This in effect means I have two one ways, with inbound flights attracting expensive YQ and meaning they now want me to pay an extra £540.
Agent suggested I call back today and escalate and request they listen to recording of original call. She did also say that she could see notes to the effect that I would be adding returns, but she nor her supervisor had the authority to over ride.
I’ll be calling later today and will revert with outcome.
Anyone experienced anything similar??
Old Jun 7, 2019, 12:47 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Any chance there’s still availability on your outbound? Perhaps rather than trying to fix the problem they could cancel your first booking but recycle the voucher so you are instead using each voucher more conventionally for one person’s return journey. That would require some flexibility too though, since normally the voucher would be lost with cancellation.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 1:18 am

I had same thought. Unfortunately no outbound availability. Grrrrr, why does it need to be this difficult!
Old Jun 8, 2019, 12:05 am

Feedback from my earlier problem. I requested escalation and that they pull tape and listen to my original call. Avios called back after 5/6 hours and confirmed that they had resolved the issue and could now book as return journeys and not one ways. So taxes pretty much to the penny of my expectation.
Good outcome ��
Old Jun 8, 2019, 3:10 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by zanderblue
Feedback from my earlier problem. I requested escalation and that they pull tape and listen to my original call. Avios called back after 5/6 hours and confirmed that they had resolved the issue and could now book as return journeys and not one ways. So taxes pretty much to the penny of my expectation.
Good outcome ��
good result and not a little lucky. The Lloyds voucher is unlike the BA voucher in that it is a one shot and you can either book a return for one pax or two singles for two pax in on call. This rule has always been in place. I had a nail biting wait a couple of weeks ago hoping the 2 outward CW seats wouldn’t disappear before we could book using 2 vouchers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.