Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA233 LHR-DME Safe to plan on Terminal 5B?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2018, 2:49 am
Original Poster

BA233 LHR-DME Safe to plan on Terminal 5B?

My wife & I are travelling on BA233 on 9th August.

All the checks that I have made would seem to show this flight departing from one of the gates in 5B.

I'd welcome the views of the knowledgeable as to whether it's safe(ish) for us to just go straight to 5B & settle ourselves down in Galleries?

I know the check-in staff can't give gates, but can they at least advise which terminal?

As a pair of septuagenarians we wouldn't relish having a last minute dash to another terminal.

Any comments most welcome

Ron
Old Jul 16, 2018, 2:54 am

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
I don’t think you can bet on which gates it will go from, could be A,B or C.

If if you’re in B and it goes from A it’s a fairly long walk back if you’re not the fastest walker.

I would stay in A until it’s announced just to be on the safe side.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 4:09 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
If you settle yourself in at the lounge in T5A, perhaps the south lounge on the left as you go in with the nice views and near the customer service desk in the lounge, you can inquire nearer departure time (maybe 90 minutes before or so) by which time the staff should have a very good indication which gate it will leave from. You could then proceed to the B gates if that is where it is leaving from, or feel relieved that your careful planning ahead has put you in the right place when you find out it's a bus from gate A10

(assuming your mention of "Galleries" means you don't have access to the First lounge on this trip)
Old Jul 16, 2018, 5:15 am
Original Poster

Many thanks for your comment, and also to Highpeaklad.

I doubt we'll ever get into the First lounge!. Self funded travel means we are happy to be in Club World......

Looks like a plan ;-)
Old Jul 16, 2018, 5:42 am

Programs: GGLfL
Was C62 the last two times I took in, both in last month.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Thanks.

Even more reason To wait in 5A lounge!
Old Jul 16, 2018, 6:00 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
worth asking at check-in, sometimes they will know a B departure quite early on.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Will do just that. Many thanks.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 10:56 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Sometimes getting your boarding pass reprinted shows up a gate earlier - arriving at 5.45am for a 7.10am flight recently, MrsNWI’s mobile BP failed to scan, and the manual reprint at the First Wing security desk showed the exact gate, whereas the boards in the lounge didn’t update for another 30 minutes or so.

It’s also very common for the lounge staff, even further ahead, to know if it’s going to be a B or C gate.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Duly noted, with thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.