Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA flight (random) showing on Check My Trip

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2018, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Silver

Have just looked at Check My Trip and it is showing a BA flight from LHR to JFK on 27/12. The flight number doesnt seem to exist on BA.com (BA9799 is what is showing with dep/arr times of 10.25 and 12.55). Showing as confirmed with what seems like a correctly formatted booking reference

I do have BA flights that day which show ok and ive checked MMB on BA.com and seems ok. No sign of the rogue flight there.

there doesnt seem to be a way to contact anyone at CMT and I'm not sure anyone at BA could help (unless they could search by booking ref).

should I be concerned?
Old Jul 11, 2018, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by scottish minnie
I do have BA flights that day which show ok and ive checked MMB on BA.com and seems ok. No sign of the rogue flight there.

there doesnt seem to be a way to contact anyone at CMT and I'm not sure anyone at BA could help (unless they could search by booking ref).

should I be concerned?
No.

Is this a booking which has suffered some sort of change?

And what is the status of that random flight? "Confirmed"?
Old Jul 11, 2018, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

The other booking on 27/12 (domestic and tatl with return some weeks later) had an alteration a few days back due to a cancelled flight on the return leg.

Whether the random JFK flight showed prior to that im not sure so it may be connected. Maybe it will disappear at some point.

Yes- the random flight is "confirmed"
Old Jul 11, 2018, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
At a guess, then, it's some sort of ghost sector that's a hangover from the amendment process. If it doesn't show on MMB, and it doesn't show on your new e-ticket receipt, then personally I would simply ignore it.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. I'm still waiting for the revised e-ticket recipt so as long as that's fine when it arrives I'll just ignore the odd booking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.