Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BAEC Silver Benefits Security Fast-Track???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BAEC Silver Benefits Security Fast-Track???

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2018, 1:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA
Well it is correct in the sense that it is what BA have agreed with the airport, in the same way it is correct that at some airports BA have deliberately not provided access to any of their passengers. I don;t think silvers have been accidentally not included at WAW if that's what you are suggesting.

In terms of why, that is what they seem to do with some airports where they deem it not a sufficiently profitable route to warrant spending the money - clearly the more passengers they want to have access the more BA need to pay the airport. One way they reduce costs is to either reduce access to fast track or provide no access at all. This is very similar to lounge access where are some outstations BA chose not to pay for their passengers to have any lounge access. KRK was until recently one of those airports where BA passengers have no access, and TLL is one where that is still the case. At TLL AY passengers get lounge access, but BA's don't. BA rationale is that these routes are perhaps not as profitable and they can get away with not providing access in order to reduce costs. At least in terms of KRK it is good to see they have recently changed to allow access.

I guess the short answer is saving money.
I enjoyed the TLL lounge as an AY economy passenger and BA Silver - this seems odd given the above, as presumably it’s BA reimbursing the lounge and not Finnair?

Or is the OW carrier you fly with obliged to pay the lounge, regardless of who issued the Sapphire?
Old Sep 22, 2018, 2:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by GCab

I enjoyed the TLL lounge as an AY economy passenger and BA Silver - this seems odd given the above, as presumably it’s BA reimbursing the lounge and not Finnair?

Or is the OW carrier you fly with obliged to pay the lounge, regardless of who issued the Sapphire?
If you are flying AY as BA Silver it is Finnair that is paying for the lounge
Old Oct 1, 2018, 4:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
I am travelling, as BA Gold with a non status holder same flight ex WAW to LHR. Would I be correct in assuming no chance for fast track for non status holder with me as Gold? Would this further extend to lounge access?
Old Oct 1, 2018, 8:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Waw is a bit weird about how fast track works, I think they miss that BA gold is higher than gold is on other airline programs so you may not get in.

Usual lounge guestings rules will apply, so you plus one guest should not be a problem.
nivsy likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 3:26 am

Programs: BA Gold
They’ve basically allowed top two tiers of all airline programmes, and completely misinterpreted the BA system - are sticking by their guns and as a result all BA silvers miss out on something WAW’s own logic should’ve allowed in the first place.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 3:37 am

I have an upcoming flight from DUB - LHR - HKG and I am a Oneworld Sapphire with Qatar Airways. I am travelling with my partner on the same flight, but on two different bookings, she has no status.

My question is two fold, firstly, can I use fast track security at Dublin, and if so, can I bring her through with me?

Secondly, I know I can use Fast Track at LHR, but can I bring her through with me even if on separate bookings?

Thanks!
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:47 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by nivsy
I am travelling, as BA Gold with a non status holder same flight ex WAW to LHR. Would I be correct in assuming no chance for fast track for non status holder with me as Gold? Would this further extend to lounge access?
I had no issues guesting non-status pax as BA Gold at WAW.
nivsy likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:49 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by sb1982
They’ve basically allowed top two tiers of all airline programmes, and completely misinterpreted the BA system - are sticking by their guns and as a result all BA silvers miss out on something WAW’s own logic should’ve allowed in the first place.
It's BA who should reach out to the WAW airport to get it sorted. I've tried contacting the airport via twitter and facebook, but got no response from their social media teams.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Nordic Choice Gold
Originally Posted by tigertanaka
Flicking through the recent boarding passes on my phone I can see:

Fast track shown: LHR, DUS, GLA, LGW
Fast track not shown (but definitely available to BA pax): ARN, NCL, LBA, SZG, SFO, DUB, TPA, MUC, HKG, DXB, GOT

I assume the reason it is not shown is that there is a data table somewhere in BA's back end system that has not got the fast track flag set up against all the relevant airports as it seems strange why DUS gets shows fast track and long standing BA destinations like NCL (up to 6 flights a day and a BA lounge) doesn't.

Alternatively there could be a cost aspect to this. Maybe on some airports, the fast track costs are wrapped up in an overall deal with the operator so BA are happy to guide loyal passengers to it, whereas in other places BA incurs a cost for each fast track user so do not want to encourage pax to use this facility?
I have noticed some more changes to Fast Track showing on boarding passes (iPhone). Sometime between mid January and early March there was a change and NCL now shows "Fast Track" but it now doesn't show on flights from DUS.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:47 am

[left]
Originally Posted by tigertanaka
I have noticed some more changes to Fast Track showing on boarding passes (iPhone). Sometime between mid January and early March there was a change and NCL now shows "Fast Track" but it now doesn't show on flights from DUS.
[Image removed by one of the moderators to protect the privacy of the poster]

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Mar 18, 2019 at 7:13 am
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:10 am

You might wish to obscure that QR code, @mwp1 - I suspect it would give away a bunch of personal information
krispy84 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by squawk
You might wish to obscure that QR code, @mwp1 - I suspect it would give away a bunch of personal information
thanks
Old Apr 23, 2019, 2:15 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Saw in BA's magazine yesterday that Fast Track is not shown as a benefit for Silver when showing One World benefits; only Gold.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 2:17 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Cotumely
Saw in BA's magazine yesterday that Fast Track is not shown as a benefit for Silver when showing One World benefits; only Gold.
yes this is correct. Fast track is not a stated benefit for OWS.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 6:25 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by KARFA

yes this is correct. Fast track is not a stated benefit for OWS.
Ta.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.